Ballet Theatre Uk Alice in Wonderland tour dates

• 2 months later...

This tour begins next week. If anyone wants to support a self funded, talented and beautifully staged BRITISH company then look at their website and book a ticket if they are coming anywhere near you!

Particularly perfect for parents who would like their dcs to see beautiful, musical, dancers who can convey a story and who look healthy!!!

Ive noticed that they have also now got comprehesive information and forms for their associate and appenticeship schemes.

Saw this yesterday and wow, what a masterclass in how to put on a stunning theatre piece if you are self funded with a mission to take Ballet to venues that don't normally host Ballet.

I do hope someone writes a review- I'm hesitant because of my personal link with the company, also I don't want to reveal too much- lots of innovative and original ideas to bring across the story and oh such talented dancers who are not only technically accomplished but really enter into the wit and humour of the work. Will mention Julia Davies who was just wonderful as Alice.

Different cast tomorrow in Blackpool (who will be just as good!) - bit far for me but quite honestly if any one fancies an Easter treat and is near then it will be a crime not to go!

Don't know how to do links but Dance Europe put wonderful pictures of this magical productions dress rehearsal on their website, just click on galleries.

They are at Solihull tomorrow, nearly sold out but lots of seats left at Rhyll the following day so go and support a talented British touring company if you are anywhere near.

I think the photographs speak for themselves.

http://www.danceeurope.net/gallery/alice-in-wonderland-ballet-theatre-uk

Open up the page you want to put up a link for.  Highlight the address in the address bar at the top (often starts with www or http).  When highlighted, right click on your mouse, and choose the copy option in the pop up.  Set up the post you want to include the link in.  Position the cursor where you want to include the link.  Right click and choose the paste option.  I then find it best to hit the enter button.  This ensures that when the post is published the software recognises it as a link so that readers can just click on the link for it to open.  Otherwise people may have to copy the address and paste into their own new tab address bar to open.

It's worth noting that Dance Europe has a superb online gallery available to all.  It usually includes pictures not shown in the magazine.

• Like 2

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/lifestyle/entertainment/theatre-comedy/theatre-review-alice-in-wonderland-the-grand-blackpool-1-5544196

My first attempt at a link......

re review in Blackpool Gazette

edited to correct information in the article about music being by Tchaikovsky when in actual fact its a delightful mix of lots of composers-I definitely recognised Saint Saens in there for starters!

Edited by hfbrew
  • Like 1

Am going to Croydon matinee today to watch a different cast perform this wonderful Ballet- as with other companies I do like seeing dancers different interpretation of roles. Just wondered if anyone on this forum was going?

Here is a link to a short clip of the cast that will be performing tomorrow at the Grove Theatre, Dunstable

Will just add that all the dancers do all the performances but the lead roles are rotated  amongst three casts which keeps the production vibrant and fresh!

• 2 weeks later...

The company is performing in Redditch tonight, Blake Theatre in Monmouth tomorrow and Camberley tomorrow. I am seriously thinking of going to Camberley. Anyone else out there going?

Had a lovely moment today.  The special needs school I teach at paid for some of their students to see Ballet Theatre UKs Alice in Wonderland when it came to Dunstable. Anyway one lad came up to me having been, alongside his family, all of whom had not been to the theatre never mind seen Ballet. And he said "my dad said that he'd rather watch that anytime than go to the cinema it was loads better!" And he said that they had now booked to see another production!

It was a thrilling reminder of the valuable work  touring  dance companies can do.

• Like 4

This wonderful production is at Bury St Edmonds today and tomorrow. There are plenty of matinee seats should there be any young dancers off school due to polling day...

It was good being part of such an appreciative audience in Camberley on Saturday who really enjoyed the humour and ingenuity of the piece.

Have just noticed that the theatre in Tunbridge Wells have finally opened up their circle for booking Alice in Wonderland on Sunday  May 12th so if anyone out there had previously been put off by the fact that only a handful of  stalls seats were left, there are now a further 300 seats available and the circle is probably a much better place to watch it from!

It really is a delightful ballet, ideal for the whole family. A couple of audience members at Croydon and again at Bury St Edmonds made a point of telling the company that they thought it better than the Royal's version, high praise indeed.

I myself am taking family members to the Swan Theatre at Worcester tomorrow. Sadly becoming a groupie I fear!

Edited by hfbrew
  • Like 1

I now know that its common for theatres to not make all areas available from the outset. I wouldn't mind so much but some theatres, rather than  put "currently unavailable" , put  "sold out" instead.   And I do wish they wouldn't leave it so late before releasing new seats- I know of a friend who, having thought she'd left it to late to book (not wanting to sit in the stalls) has now made other plans for that day.

But to those of you who are going. Enjoy, you are in for a treat!

Saw Alice in Wonderland yesterday and absolutely loved it as did younger DD and DH.  It was lovely also to see so many young children in the audience, all engaged in what was happening on the stage.  Great dancing, great costumes and some lovely staging to create the effects of Wonderland and its characters.

Saw Alice in Wonderland yesterday and absolutely loved it as did younger DD and DH.  It was lovely also to see so many young children in the audience, all engaged in what was happening on the stage.  Great dancing, great costumes and some lovely staging to create the effects of Wonderland and its characters.

So glad you enjoyed it! Mad woman cheering Hatter was me and family....