Philippe Decoufle Company - Panorama

An energetic circusy show from France. Most of the photocall we were not allowed to take pictures as they were not in costume as it was a technical rehearsal. There was aerial work and video game and lots of animaly dancing. Lots of humour to make you smile.

Philippe%2BDecoufle%2BCompany%2BDCA_jr_001_panorama_wanty_michos_1000.jpg.small.jpg

Violette Wanty and Iannis Michos in Panorama

More pictures on www.johnrossballetgallery.co.uk

• Like 1

Saw this on Friday night and wow. My type of dance. Dance theatre really. They dance, they sing they are funny, genuinely funny. A truely, wonderfully creative dance evening.

My husband saw Philippe himself a few years back in Calgary and was stunned. Sadly he, Philippe, not my husband, does not dance in this but it is wonderful.

We nearly didn't make it. Trouble on the M25 but thank goodness we did.

Also I love these 11/2 hour programmes with no interval.

• Like 1

I absolutely loved this evening. I've seen Decoufle's earlier company twice - and was thrilled to see the 'microbes in flippers' number again. It's so hard to describe the performance - and I imagine it's one of those things you either love or loathe. But once in a while it's great to see something beautifully performed and totally surreal!

Even though my son dances with a classical company (mind you their contemporary is fantastic) I love the more surreal. Sometimes I think contemporary pieces can just go on a bit long but I felt Decoufle's company had the right balance.

It is hard to describe which is why I did not even attempt a review.

I thought the guy who did most of the talking, a clown by training, was fantastic. Real stage presence.