Leotard size help please

Lemongirl

In our experience Freed leotard sizing doesn't relate to any other brand. Dd wears a XS in most brands, a size 3 in school uniform leotard but has only just moved into a size 2 Freed from a size 0 that she wore for more than 4 years for vocational classes from age of 12.

I think we found the RAD leotard cheaper on one of the websites (Planet Dance, Dance Direct or Move) and I believe I called and asked about the sizing in relation to another leotard I was buying her.

Move Dancewear quotes the Freed Jane size 3 as equivalent to normal dress size 8 and I think it is probably quite accurate - it certainly does not come up small.  The size 3 was too large on my DD - width and length and she normally wears size 6 and is a few inches taller than your DD.  We ended up getting an alternative leotard for her RAD exam as was between Freed sizes but the Freed fit her size 8-10 but slightly shorter friend.

Edited by 2dancersmum

Move Dancewear quotes the Freed Jane size 3 as equivalent to normal dress size 8 and I think it is probably quite accurate - it certainly does not come up small. The size 3 was too large on my DD - width and length and she normally wears size 6 and is a few inches taller than your DD. We ended up getting an alternative leotard for her RAD exam as was between Freed sizes but the Freed fit her size 8-10 but slightly shorter friend.

Which would tie in with our experience of the size of them.

This thread might help - Post 18 onwards: http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/780-leotard-sizing-questions/

Dd never got on with the Freed Jane due to how low cut it was at the side of her chest. If I remember rightly the 3 did fit similarly to Adult XS in other makes, as does the blue Freed tank leo (is it Bethany?). The Alice C came up huge and we had to go down to a Freed size 2.