Bloch booties

Primaballerina1

I wouldn't get too big as a tripping hazard, they are like duvets for feet with a smooth but solid sole - don't know how to describe sole but outer is fabric. They wash well and dd is only on her second pair in about 4 years of wearing.

Why would you want to wear them outside and in the studio? Surely to maintain studio floors and ballet shoes it is best no outdoor shoes are worn in studio?

• Like 1

Petalviolet they do have a thin sole so are fine from 'car to barre' (great phrase! :D) also getting a size too big would be fine because I think they're designed to wear over pointe shoes (so if you're running late to class, dd could put her pointe shoes on in the car then wear the booties over her shoes to walk from the car park to the studio- yep I've done that a few times haha!) x

• Like 1

Oh I think maybe my use of the term 'studio' was perhaps rather more specific than I intentioned!! I hoped to find a warm, no fuss, pull on boot that could be worn making the trip to class and then removed before she goes in? I know there are UGG type shoes or varieties of snow boots a plenty but had spotted bootees commonly worn and wondered if they would be suitable? I didn't realise they didn't have soles.

I can see why they would be extremely practical if you spent hours indoors going from ballet class to ballet class, up and down staircases and whatnot but now I realise what they are specifically designed for I don't think my DD would spend more than 10 mins in between one of her classes and one she has to cross a street for so perhaps not necessary for her yet.

Thanks swanprincess I thought I'd seen them worn outside but just as you say - maximum radius of car park. DD is only eight so this may be something to invest in for the future - they'd be great if she was doing a day of rehearsals especially as those split sole canvas shoes seem to be dirt magnets, much worse than her leather ones and I bet they won't last as long.

• Like 1

my dd has size 2-3 feet so I bought her the smallest adult size. they are indeed worn car to barre (love that!!) and I am told they are sooo comfy if you have been doing lots of pointe work

My DD bought some with her birthday money and had to have them/all the rage etc ... She's worn them twice maybe in 6 months! Car-to-barre :) is two stage process for us. Car to studio door needs something waterproof for us unfortunately and then studio door to barre is wear she could wear them but she just can't be bothered to wear them I think.

She currently lives in her Nike studio wraps plus these pink leopard print sock things that go over pointe shoes that she just wears most of the time.

In hindsight the bloch booties have been a waste of money (though I'm sure she would disagree with me if I suggested putting them on eBay!)

Does Tring allow them to wear these??

For CBA? Yes. At least they did last term.

I must say my dd lives in hers although hopefully she is very careful when negotiating the stairs at school. When she was at CBA she used to wear them for the car journey home as they are so comfy. She also puts them on over pointe shoes when breaking new ones in.

I didn't let her wear them outside and then into the studio though as that's the quickest way to walk stones and dirt onto a lovely studio floor.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies- all v helpful! DD is a size 2-3 in shoes so which size would everyone reccomend getting to last long??

My DD just got her first pair. She is size 2.5 and we got the Adult S size. They fit over pointe shoes. I think it's helpful to think of them as slippers – ie ok for a short hop to the car but not suitable for walking through puddles or on rough ground. At the studio they would always take them off before going in to class, but put them on again to go to the loo, change studios etc without taking their ballet shoes off. The sole is a smooth slightly rubbery type, but not much grip. Hope that helps  :D