EYB rehearsal attendance

Lemongirl

My dd is doing EYB Sleeping Beauty in Aylesbury in the summer. She's done a production before so I do know quite a bit about how it all works. However we have Olympics tickets for 9th Aug which is their second rehearsal day.

I'm not sure if I tell dd she can't go to the Olympics or if I ask Miss Lewis if she could miss that day. I have checked the times and she could in theory be at the rehearsal for 2 hours out of the 6 and then dash down to Stratford! But I don't know if it's cheeky to ask and I completely understand that they have to be committed and go to every rehearsal unless ill. And as it's at the beginning of the rehearsal schedule and they are learning the dances, I don't know how much dd would miss.

In my experience Miss Lewis is fine if it's a one off for illness, prior commitments, or a special occasion. It's when children have to miss several rehearsals that they get cross. I'm sure she'll understand completely if it's one day, particularly for Olympics tickets which had to be booked a long time before you knew about EYB. :-)

I think you'll find it impossible to dash down to Stratford - I would take all the time you can to savour your Olympic experience. Miss Lewis I'm sure will understand if your DD misses 1 rehearsal .Have a fabulous time ( Olympic & EYB)

I would tell them straight away! As it is obviously a previous commitment then if you wait until after casting then it will be particularly obvious that you waited because you didn't want to jeopardise the part that your dd was given. They might just think that was a bit sneaky and make it awkward for you.

• Like 2