Dada 2016 funding question

Flexible Fred

Hi everyone , can anyone offer some advice please

My dd will be in the next tranche of auditions for upper school later this year and early spring 2016

In April 2015 the dada increased to a maximum of 90,000 joint salary , is this likely to increase again in 2016?

How do you prove to schools how much your joint income is ?

Do you send both P60's, if so do we send 2014/2015

Or do the schools wait til after April 2016 and then ask you to send 2015/2016 P 60's

Any advice would be appreciated

I doubt the salary level for Dada would be raised again...but that is just speculation. For 2015 entry we provided the P60s for the most recent tax year so would have been 2014/15- didnt have to provide income evidence till about June when the dada form had to be submitted and dont think we had final confirmation of dada award until July. When dada provisionally offered it was on basis of declaration of income type form, not full assessment. Maybe some schools do things differently.

From what I can remember, the schools just ask for provisional information during the audition process, (they will tell you on the form which year's income to use) and should you be offered a place with a provisional Dada, that's when you have to provide all the full income details & proof etc. My dd was offered places with a Dada but didn't take them up as she accepted another offer, so we never got to that final stage!

• Like 1

Some schools ask you to give the year before income details just as an indicator but no proof is required. When you do supply the current tax years form and proof it will probably be after the end of that tax year. You need to supply P60's and P11d's (benefits in kind) from your work or set of accounts/self assessment forms for self employed.

• 1 month later...

I am totally confused about DADAs. I understand how they are allocated, however, how does one scale apply to a range of schools who all charge such different annual fees? For example NBS Manchester is £12000 per annum plus accommodation, Elmhurst charge around £8,000 per term including boarding and meals ( for Upper School). Will the DADA contribute to tuition only once you are over a certain income? Help!!

The actual number is never the same as they are allocated a pot of money. If all the people at the top of the list have a low income (thus bring entitled to more help) then there are less actual awards than if everyone is only entitled to a few thousand per year.

DaDas only cover maintenance (accommodation) at the lower end of the income scale)

• Like 1

I think that the Dada covers or goes towards tuition. Not accommodation. We receive a maintenance grant towards accommodation and living. First two years I had to still find £6000 each year towards accommodation though as it falls very short of where my DD attends. I had to remortgage! Now in her 3rd year though and the grant covers rent but I do still have to give her at least £200 each month for food and bit.

Hope that helps !