Jonathan Ollivier

How tragic.  He should have had so many years left.  I'll never forget his Swan/Stranger in Swan Lake: one of the best, if not the very best.

My deepest sympathies to his friends and family: and to all his New Adventures "family", as well.

• Like 6

Terribly tragic news am so sorry to hear this. I saw the Carman on Friday but it wasn't him in the Luca role then but have seen him dance with the Rambert.

It feels really strange just reading all the biographies through only yesterday including his what a tragedy.

Thoughts go to relatives and personal friends at this very sad time for them. Such a loss to the Dance world.

Totally devastating news.

Jonny Ollivier had a huge following during his time at Northern Ballet and he was always so lovely with his fans. I was thrilled when I saw him in the bar at Sadler's Wells during the NBoC season in 2013. He came over to say hello and have a catch up about NB fans. When we saw him in Swan Lake at the Lowry he saw a group of us on the front row and acknowledged us with a wink during the curtain calls.

Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

• Like 12

There was a 1-page report in Monday's Evening Standard, too, although oddly enough it doesn't seem to have made its way online.

Other obituaries can be found in the Links thread for this week.

Edited to add a link which I've just found, a tribute by the director of the Marlowe Theatre, Canterbury:

http://www.marlowetheatre.com/page/3132/Latest-news/189

Edited by alison