News from Upper School Auditions

JulieW

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure. I conveniently have a 'doctors appointment' 'dentist appointment' or some other excuse just before lunch in school so I can go and check the post this week haha!

When my son was offered a place at ENBS (was 6 years ago mind you) we had an email when we got home on the afternoon of his audition! But then had to wait a week while they got the results of the DaDAs out.

• Like 2

Have heard of a yes for Finals for ENBS today, rumour amongst DD's peer groups seems to be the yes for finals hear first followed by the no's,...can anyone from last year confirm or otherwise? I know of many lovely dancers who have heard nothing today and are now panicking!

Thanks Kat09 but not my dd who has got finals, she is one of the ones till waiting to hear and in a panic! Thank you for post will tell her, might make her feel better, yes good luck to all, it is such a stressful time! And congratulations of course to the lucky yes's who may have heard today!

We haven't had a letter yet either but I don't think DD expected to make finals.  She didn't think the audition went well so don't think she will be too disappointed.  Shame she'll have to wait until Monday now for the letter and I don't understand why they can't all just be sent at the same time!

• Like 1

Thank you so much Meggy13, that was very kind of you to share. Hopefully we will all get good news tomorrow, I certainly didn't mean to infer my dd and her friends necessarily expect finals, they were just a bit gunked (is that a word!) when they thought all the yes letters were out as when you are still waiting to hear, there is always hope - no news is good news as they say! Best of luck to you all, my lesson learnt this weekend, don't listen to gossip and keep positive, we have a long road ahead!

• Like 3

Hi all,

I thought I'd share news about DD1 audition results even though she has left the world of ballet slightly behind her... so many of you have been following my DDs over the years...

So DD1 has just turned 17, she will finish her A'levels French equivalent in June and she's been auditioning in 4 schools for Musical Theatre. She got a no from Bird College  :( but it was her least favorite school so it was ok. She got a place at Chichester on their Triple Threat BA (Hons) course, a bit unsure about the quality of the course there and where the alumni go... She also got an April recall audition for the finals at London Studio Center for their BA, she had a choice between doing the recall in Jazz or in MT and picked MT.

Finally, last but not least, she was offered the Foundation Course at Urdang which was and still is her favorite school and is ecstatic about that...  :D

So I suppose the final choice will depend on the recall audition at LSC!

Given that she's always trained in France where MT is definitely not a specialty, it was a big test to compare herself to UK trained kids and we're all very proud of how she held on own.

I'll keep you posted on the end results... Good luck to all!

Edited by afab
  • Like 27

Hi Afab,

havn't heard from you for a bit I wondered how things were going for your DDs. Congratulations to your DD for her offers, obviously a real risk taker if there is no real musical theatre in France. I auditioned for LSC many moons ago but didn't get in even though the drama teacher I auditioned with said he wanted me, ho hum! So your DD must have something special! Best of luck to her for the recall! How are your other two getting on?

Best wishes

Dramascientist

• Like 2

Hi Dramascientist,

Nice to hear from you. Real life is very busy at the moment and coming and going to England for all these auditions kept me busy too! I still read the posts as often as I can and I will be back more often soon... My other too are fine thanks... DD2 is 15 and is as interested in ballet as ever and will be auditioning for upper schools next year. She's in a new vocational school and thriving there but unfortunately we will be moving at the end of the school year and we'll have to find a new one for her last year... DD3 is 12 and is in the same vocational school as her sister but she's more and more interested in theatre so she's decided to concentrate more on it as well as broadening her dance and singing next year hence less ballet. I suppose she will be joining DD1's old vocational school next year.

How's your DD doing? Is she happy in her school, BW was it?

Thanks for your advice LinMM! I agree with you...

Hi there.

Ive only just joined the forum and I'm interested to hear info re the ENB auditions. My daughter auditioned on sat 24th January and still we haven't heard anything. She was told by ENB it would take up to 14 days and although one of her friends heard by post on Mon 4th she insisted I shouldn't contact them until next week.