Royal Ballet Summer School.

Miracle

Hi dancer 537

Welcome to the forum.

It is very difficult to get into RBS. If you search on this forum under RBS you will find several threads. The current threads on lower and upper school auditions would be a good place to start.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They do an audition at the summer school but will only make a place if they really feel you are right for the school. But in answer to your question, yes if it is like other years this year, there is an opportunity to be seen. X

We received the expected march waiting list letter: all the places on the course have been filled.

I need your help to make sure that I correctly interpret the following part of their letter:

"Please do let us know if you decide to make other arrangements so we can remove you from the waiting list, there is no need to contact us if you wish to remain on the list."

So, if I just don't answer, I will stay on the waiting list, right? I have to answer to be deleted from the waiting list.

Did anybody here receive a positive waiting list answer?

Thanks for being always so kind.

We received the same for our priority waiting list place. I have to say I thought the email was really considerate... 

Ballet lyon my understanding is there is no need to get in touch if you want to stay on the list. We've decided to put in place other plans so will come off the list once they are confirmed. DD is not disappointed as she is at the top end of the age range for WL and actually I am not sure she would have enjoyed a summer school with lots of younger girls.

We got the same email no places, high acceptance rate etc. It's what was expected but I too thought the email was worded very nice and thoughtful. We've already signed up for an alternative SS so looking forward to that!

• Like 1

Same for my dd too, though being a year 5, she only wants to do the residential summer school she is familiar with from her associate classes and see the ballet school. So we are going to remain on the list.... although I am not expecting her to get a place, as I can't imagine anyone would drop out after accepting, its far too good an opportunity to miss ☺

I recieved them this morning! But unfortunately recieved the same reply as everyone else: all spots filled, etc.

I'm just glad I received them (no more waiting!), and I guess I'll try again next year!!!

I wonder if anyone received a positive response...

It is odd that people who are accepted and decide to accept their acceptance can get a full refund even if they dropout at the last minute as long as someone else takes their place. Therefore, people may accept their acceptance to the Royal Ballet Summer School even if they aren't sure if they will be able to attend. Just a guess though... So anyone wishing to stay on the list, don't let your hopes down!!!

I think you made a good choice there Waitingmum - the summer school and actual school are quite different so it is probably better for your daughter to wait and join with other new starters in year 7.  That's not to say that the summer school isn't great - it is.  But oddly my DS was homesick at summer school (they have more free time) but not at actual school (no time to be homesick!) With hindsight we should have skipped the summer school due to the homesickness but of course most children hopefully wouldn't get that!

I think you made a good choice there Waitingmum - the summer school and actual school are quite different so it is probably better for your daughter to wait and join with other new starters in year 7. That's not to say that the summer school isn't great - it is. But oddly my DS was homesick at summer school (they have more free time) but not at actual school (no time to be homesick!) With hindsight we should have skipped the summer school due to the homesickness but of course most children hopefully wouldn't get that!

Thankyou ZooZoo that is great to hear as I do feel slightly guilty that my dd is missing out on an amazing opportunity and I realise how lucky she was to even get a place!!

Edited by Waitingmum