Royal Ballet Summer School.

Miracle

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Selected waiting list is a reserve waiting list. If anyone doesn't accept their place or pulls out for injury or other reason you will be notified. My youngest got her place from this & older dd was offered a chance to do a second week a few days before the start. You may be asked whether you wish to remain on the list until it starts. Many will turn waiting list down as they commit to an alternative ss instead.

Sorry to hear of No's. My dd has got 'Priority Waiting List' for Covent Garden, a very nicely worded let down, apparently 1600 applicants and only 350 places so big congratulations to those with a yes. Hopefully she won't be too upset, or read too much into it given she is auditioning for upper school next week. Knew it was a gamble applying but was worth a try! Best of luck to everyone else, fab forum, lots of great info and support to us poor parents

• Like 6

DD has received a place on selected waiting list... We had no idea that even the summer school was this competitive... 350 chosen from 1600. We will just wait and see now I guess. Luckily we have a few other options up our sleeve as well which don't conflict (date wise) with this one so we can wait it out and if an offer presents then accept it later on. Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear!

• Like 1

Delighted to report a yes for my DD for Covent Garden SS.

The acceptances have to be in by Feb 13th so I expect those on waiting list will not hear anything further until after this date.Don't give up hope if you are on the waiting list places do come up.The first time my DD went to WL summer school age 10 we heard on the preceding Tuesday.It is not always due to illness or injury - that year some lucky children had been chosen to dance with the Bolshoi at the Royal Opera house and had to withdraw from summer school.

Good luck to all those still waiting to hear.

• Like 13

Hi haggis my daughter did Covent garden last year and I don't think the classes were huge. Top of my head about 25 possibly, I will have to ask her. No more than other summer schools that she has done before. It was very well organised and the teaching was excellent. There were only about 5 UK students in her age group. Covent Garden studios are big, airy and beautiful.

• Like 1

First time we have ever applied. Received an email today to say my DD is on the Priority wait list for White Lodge. Whats the difference between Priority and Selected? Does anybody know what the chances are of getting a spot if you are on Priority. Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

I know I'm ranting because I'm still waiting for the inevitable no email,  but why oh why aren't RBS more open about their procedures? Why does it not say on their website what the difference between priority and selected is? This is the 21st Century for goodness sake. They seem to shroud themselves in mystery. 

• Like 2

I don't want to disappoint anyone but my dd has been on the waiting list, including this year , 4 times and we have never had the "Royal Summons" although I do know one girl personally and Tulips dd who did get a last minute place.

It used to be called Short Wait List , so who knows maybe priority are above selected , I do know I won't be booking our summer holiday around it or holding my breath on the 18th July.

Well done to all those with a yes and to everyone else good luck and there's always next year ;)

Edited by HAIRBELLES
  • Like 5

Feeling for you hairbelles.  I have to say that even though dd is terribly disappointed because she will be too old to apply next year, I'm relieved that she didn't get offered the waiting list. It would just be torturous for her. At least we are free to make other plans.

Best of luck to those still waiting.

• Like 2

Thanks Pastel

I think we are going for the record of waiting lists for Royal. She was waiting list for MAs too so that's 5 in total !!

That's a shame for your dd but so many other good courses , there is just something that feels so special where Royal is concerned especially when it's just out of reach ;)

My DD has had SWL three years in a row.  This year it's Priority wait list.  Not sure if that's a move up or down  :rolleyes:

My older DD had SWL 6 years ago and got a place three days before the course started. She won a commendation and got into school the next audition.  I am a great believer in fate and what will be will be.  Have given up feeling either excited or disappointed.  

Royal Ballet School Summer school is a great place to attend but younger DD has had the opportunity to try other courses and has had a much wider range of experiences than her sister.  This is something that Christopher Powney was very keen to instil upon the White Lodge and Upper school parents at a recent PTA meeting. 

• Like 7