Tring lower school dance audition date through!!!!

Busymum

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RBS WL finals are 27th Feb & 6th March. Elmhurst are 16th & 17th March. As far as I remember, last year, and previously, the RBS boys results were out before the Elmhurst final, and the girls results were out on the day of the Elmhurst final (ie 4 days later on a Tuesday).

• Like 1

I'd like to think that all RBS results will be out before Elmhursf this year, so hopefully those who want RBS more then Elmhurst will not attend the Elmhurst audition simply.

But because Tring is a week earlier then Elmhurst I'm not sure if the RBS results will be early enough. If they are out after 4 days on Tuesday it will be just on time for those auditioning on Wednesday 11th. I wonder if it's a "no" from RBS should I tell my DD so she tries at Tring even harder or should I wait till after the audition so she feels happy and confident? I know there is no right answer...

Ah Happymum only you can decide how to handle things. Bear in mind she may come into contact with other kids who may or may not tell her they have had results. It's so hard when you just want to protect them. Been in your position more than I care to remember x

Also, I wonder now that the dada threshold has risen for the forthcoming academic year, some of those still on mds into upper school may now become eligible for dada funding?

I wondered that too, although that could then have a knock-on effect with less money available for people needing a Dada for 6th form.

I don't see how they can know for sure the number of MDS awards as upper school finals are still happening so presumably some pupils may still get accepted elsewhere and free up some awards? I would guess the 7 that has been said is what they definitely know they have... I'm being optimistic that there may be a couple more that arise...

It'll be interesting to see how many they end up having at finals fighting for the places! Such a shame that it comes down to this when we should all be celebrating the fact that we have talented children who have just been offered a place at an amazing school. :-)

• Like 3

I thought I would clarify. While the children offered mds at 6th form may not audition elsewhere, the school does not prevent those who wish to do so. They work well with the parents for the benefit of the children, especially when parents are up front about their child's intention to do so. After all, the child may just be wanting to know all the options available as one would for any 6th form and an offer elsewhere may not necessarily mean acceptance of the offer.

• Like 2

Ok, starting to panic now finals are looming!! How on earth do you stand out in an hour long class which is mixed year 8, 9 & 10?

By the nature of the range of ages, I can't see it being anything more than a fairly simple class which means the older ones should all look equally good in it.... wishing they had a longer session for finals like the prelims.

Feeling very stressed (even though I know there is absolutely nothing I can do!!! :-(

Dancermum, when is finals day? Don't forget, the audition panel know which year each child is auditioning for. A year 8 child will not be compared to a year 10 child. They know their current students very well and will be making comparisons to those children in terms of them being able to cope and fit in. They are looking for trainability not perfection.

My DS started year 10 in September and year 10 and 11 are merged for vocational studies. And boys and girls are taught separately. So he had to go into a class with 10 year 11 boys who had all been at vocational school at least a year and most 4 or 5 years, plus the 3 year 10 boys who also had been at full time school. From 2 ballet lessons a week with only 3/4 hour boys work, there is no way he could be comparable in strength and ability. They looked at trainabity and potential. And boy oh boy has he had to work hard to keep up.

I find Tring to be a lovely, vibrant environment. Good luck for finals and enjoy your day out.

• Like 3

Ours was 9.15am and is now 11.15am! We're happy with the slightly later time too! :)

Is it for year 7 Clara? And for DD or DS? I haven't received any info from Tring and am not sure now if it's still 9:15 for us or should I worry that I didn't receive an email?

Is it for year 7 Clara? And for DD or DS? I haven't received any info from Tring and am not sure now if it's still 9:15 for us or should I worry that I didn't receive an email?

It's for DD and she is trying for Year 8 Happymum, so if your dd is year 7 maybe they've kept times the same? I received the amended time by email