Tring lower school dance audition date through!!!!

Busymum

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Busymum .. She won't be doing theatre as can't afford it without some funding but it's a nice feeling for her to be offered :) bit of a surprise though as I honestly didn't think she would be considered for that (she's now telling me she NEEDS singing lessons!)

But her heart is set on dance and I have to keep reminding us that our plan was first and foremost to use as the experience but it's easy to get carried away with the what if :) I think it's started to sink in that she doesn't have that kind of body shape too which is hard.

So now we are concentrating on graded work, having fun with competitions and non syllabus and looking around for associate classes and CAT stuff. She's happy :)

• Like 5

Our audition (year 7) is at 9am.

Well, we didn't get any detailed information about finals but the letter with preliminary results said that they will need to be at school ready for 9am start.

Did anybody hear again from Tring after accepting a place at finals?

Well fingers crossed that the DC's with multiple offers will choose Royal or Elmhurst, and that nobody gets assessed out of Royal, as I've heard there can be a bit of movement between the schools. Whether it is Dd's 'time' (as she puts it) or not, the main thing is that her love of dance continues, unaffected by the decision makers.

Happymum, I was told there would be no further correspondence from Tring after the prelim results letter. There is apparently going to be an email with a change of time to Dd's (yr 8) audition from 9am to 11.15am.

• Like 2

Piccolo, like your thinking!! Lets hope a bunch of year 11's on MDS awards leave for elsewhere to free up a few more!! Not loving the odds at the moment... :-)

Having been told at audition that there wouldn't be funding for year 10 entry except in exceptional circumstances, am just relieved to be in with a chance... although know of at least 3 through for year 10, so maybe that was a bit of a bluff!!

• Like 1

Last year there were 9, the year before, I was told there were 3.

Yes, that's what we were told when we asked.

The majority of current students going into 6th-form would have generally switched to DaDa funding, but when the finance thresholds changed more of them stayed with the MDS they already had, which is why there were so few MDS places available the year-before-last.