Elmhurst Auditions

Lifeafterballet

Hi All, my daughter auditioned also for year 7 this year and has been placed in the reserve pool for Elmhurst. I do feel that a place may now be out of reach but she is staying positive until the ultimate no. With no previous experience of this ballet world I am finding this state of limbo difficult. Does anyone know how many children approximately are placed in this pool and has anyone on this forum ever gained a place in this manner? Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi pointytoes

Don't lose heart yet as we have turned down our place at Elmhurst after accepting white lodge (with a sad heart I must add as I loved elmhurst) and I know of at least two other girls who have done the same. There should be some lovely letters sent to some lucky girls soon.

Two ballerinas,

Are the girls you are referring to the same ones that Waiting Mum mentioned in post dated 25th?

Pointy toes,

We're also in the same position. Fingers crossed we have good news after the bank holiday- this feels like such a long Easter!

Indeed Ballet Novice has felt like a long Easter! Personally I would just like some closure and move on either way. Feel disappointed that it wasn't all sorted before Easter. This process continues to be a learning curve!

Twoballerinas, congratulations,and thanks for kind and positive words.

Balletnovice. I don't believe they are. I think that they are different girls. Sounds like there may be a few places that have opened up. Keeping my fingers crossed for those on the reserve list.

Pontytoes. Thanks for the congrats.

Thanks for reply Twoballerinas your daughter must be so excited- well done to her.

Fingers crossed Pointytoes for news next week. Please let me know if you hear anything. Let's hope we have two happy girls this time next week.

Ps I'm presuming my daughters on the waiting list for a funded place as this is what we applied for!

I agree, a timescale would have been good. Good luck to those still in this waiting game. Thank you to those who have taken the time out to reply and best wishes to all our children whatever path they are about to embark upon this year.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...