Problems today, 28 June, for BT net users?

I've just posted today's Links on John Mallinson's behalf.  He has been able to do a good trawl, but can't access the Forum to post the results.  He can use email, so I got the list as I can get into the Forum, but I can't access a number of other regular sites that I use.  We both have BT as Service Provider .... so are other BT users finding random connection problems this morning?

Big network problem, random sites not accessible.  The call centres do not know about it but if they check back they find out and say that BT will fix it in the next 24 hours.  Told me that an hour ago but sites previously inaccessible are now on.   

I don't know whether my problem is connected with the above, but since Friday every time I want to get into the Balletco forum I have to sign in anew, otherwise all I get on the righthand side of forum page is the total number of postings the subject has had to date rather than the name of the most recent poster and the time of their posting.  This only happens on the balletco website, all the others are fine.  So is it just me? 

PS:   I'm not a direct BT customer, but I believe my ISP - TalkTalk - pays something to them on my behalf, though they won't admit it.  In fact I suspect all the ISPs are still obliged to pay BT a percentage of their talkings.  But what do I know?   It's a suspicion only...

I think anyone not on cable directly, or indirectly, pays BT because the landlines belong to them.

We are on cable and, as far as I am aware, that precludes us from using most ISPs because if you read the small print they require you to have a BT landline.