vocational exams

stardancer

Very well done to your DD Stardancer, to learn the syllabus in such little time is amazing in itself. :-))

Merit for my DD which given how ill she was is great. Such bad luck that she was so poorly after all her hard work but one of those things! Onwards and upwards!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Merits in this house!!!!! 59 for me and 60 for Hannah - although I thnk I should have received special consideration marks for being over 40yrs old!.... ;)

Well done to everone else and hope you all have your results!

Off to stretch class, then buy some champagne!

Sxxx

• Like 1

Hi ladies,

New to this site - wish I had found it sooner!

Merit for my dd in inter foundation! I am so pleased for her (although she is beating herself up for not getting distinction - very hard on herself).

Congratulations to everyone and fingers crossed for anyone still waiting.

hi everyone,

this is the dd of ballemum....

i am so pleased to be writing to you all that i got a distinction in my intermediate foundation exam

and thanks for the advice and help we have had from you all.

well done for all your results and good luck to those still waiting :)

• Like 1

Congrats & welcome pink panther :)

DD of ballemum - amazing!

Stardancer - DD is now 16 and wanting to socialize more than dance, but I wanted her to get RAD inter under her belt...

Spannerand pony - well done :D its awful when you don't feel 100% and have to dance :( she must be very relieved and proud!

Congats to you all :)))))))

• Like 1

Well done everyone :D It's such a relief to get the results out of the way isn't it.

My daughter got a very respectable 68 (merit) for her Adv 1, so we're happy here (tinged with slight disappointment to not keep up her record of distinctions - but hey, the aim was to pass it ;) ) She's just 17 and wants to be a vet, so I'm really proud that she's still doing so well with all her dancing and putting the effort in after all these years despite other (academic) commitments.

• Like 1

hi julie

fab news what a star advanced 1

i no what you mean you are happy but tinged with slight disappointment

as i have been feeling the same

i wish my daughter had more time to learn her exam and at only 1 class a weekf

for 6 months and all the holidays off it has been very hard for her

but her teacher seems to think advanced 1 will be much better as there is no rush

but we should be very proud of our children as some have to battle alot of things

Thanks Sheilabee, and huge congrats to you and your daughter! Yes, I thought DD would be harder on herself than she was, but she said that she felt so ill she's amazed to get a Merit. She had a chest and ear infection and a perforated eardrum so it was no wonder her balance and performance was a bit off! :blink::wacko:

Congrats to all who passed! :lol: :lol:

hi spannerandpony

congrats to youre dd bless her for being ill it always seem to happen on exam day

a merit is fab how did she do it i think i would of gone to bed and given up

but youre dd did not

i would be proud as punch :)

Thank you! I did suggest that she could miss it but she was having none of it. We were dosing her with paracetamol and ibruprofen right up until they called her to go in - she just flopped afterwards and slept on the train. When she finally got antibiotics the GP said he couldn't believe she'd done a ballet exam in that state. These dancers are tough! :D:blink:

Hi all,

Im back my dd wanted to post yesterday so i let her.

Incredible well done to all who have passed its amazing what they

Acheive in spite of all the pitfalls alng the way.

My dd was happy but it was a reminder that my other dd

Didnt get to sit it because of sprained knee.

Anyway well done to all xxx

Tthank you pinkpanther we are all very proud of her.

as for my other dd yes she will do the exam in new syllabus

But teacher only started teaching it in sept, luckily

She was doing that class among thers for last term so teacher wants to

Enter herfor the summer hopefully and she has lett he

continue into intermediate so she stays where she shoul be

So i will continue to be around on this subject for a while.lol

Hi ballemum, that seems such a shame she has to wait and take the new syllabus. As the Inter Foundation is an "optional exam" i.e. you can take Intermediate without having done Inter Foundation, couldn't she just skip the I.F. Exam and carry on with Intermediate classes? Or does she particularly want to take the exam?

Hi spannerandpony,

I agree and she would happily skip as its not her

Favourite dancing anyway unlike my other dd who would

do it 24/7.

Unfortunately her teacher wants her to do it. She

Is doing intermediate aswell so hopefully wont fall

behind others.

• Like 1

I think Adv Foundation is the common route where the school is large enough with enough pupils at that level to make it feasible to offer a class. At many schools there are not enough students at these levels to warrant more than one class. Don't forget that many students leave these classes to go off to university without ever taking the exam. So often they move from Intermediate into an Adv 1 class but the younger ones amonst them may still take Adv Foundation 1st. Hope this makes sense.

Just wanted to add my congratulations to you all now that your dancers have their wonderful results. And a special mention to spanner's DD who is clearly a little trooper and managed a fantastic Merit whilst being so poorly. Well done! x

I agree - a Big Well Done from me too :)

• Like 2

I think Adv Foundation is the common route where the school is large enough with enough pupils at that level to make it feasible to offer a class. At many schools there are not enough students at these levels to warrant more than one class. Don't forget that many students leave these classes to go off to university without ever taking the exam. So often they move from Intermediate into an Adv 1 class but the younger ones amonst them may still take Adv Foundation 1st. Hope this makes sense.

Perfect sense - thank you!

Many congratulations to all youngsters who have passed their exams. :)

And an extra special well done from me to you Sheilabee :D(from one mature dancer to another!!).

Good luck to all for the journey to the next level too!

Best wishes,

RK

Well done to everyone for their results, especially to Ballemum for the distinction! How old is your dd, Ballemum, out of interest?

Is it unusual to get a distinction in the vocational grades?

Not unusual to get distinctions in Inter Foundation and Intermediate (my daughter did in both, as did most of her friends - although the inter group at our school this year got more merits than distinctions for the first time) - but does get a lot more difficult to get them in Adv 1 and 2.

We've been reading this thread whilst anxiously waiting for results here too.

DD absolutely thrilled to get distinctions for both Advanced Foundation RAD and Intermediate ISTD (both taken in the same week - she was really worried she was going to get them mixed up in the exams!)....very proud of her!!

Well done to everyone else for a fantastic set of results too!!

• Like 1

Well done everybody, so many talented dancers out there...if only we could turn the clocks back 25yrs, hey Rhoda K? ;)

Absolutely - 25 at least!

Though according to my boss "in my real grown-up, outside ballet life" we are all 21! At heart anyway and definitely when in the dance studio! :)

RK

• Like 1

We've been reading this thread whilst anxiously waiting for results here too.

DD absolutely thrilled to get distinctions for both Advanced Foundation RAD and Intermediate ISTD (both taken in the same week - she was really worried she was going to get them mixed up in the exams!)....very proud of her!!

Well done to everyone else for a fantastic set of results too!!

Wow, that is excellent! Many congrats to her!

• Like 1