vocational exams

stardancer

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I saw the 17th on the site although our dance teacher seems adiment they will be out this week.

Hope so the waiting is terrible. It was my dd's first vocational and she seems to have been told so

many things about not doing as well as the grades she is really nervous as she does really well in the

grades.

Oh well not long good luck to all those waiting. :)

Good that we know they'll be with us soon. You're right to prepare your children that their results may not be as good as in the non-vocational graded exams, but you never know, they might be ;) . And students do sometimes fail vocational exams because they have to pass each part of the marking. We're nervously waiting for Adv 1 results for my daughter as she's only ever had distinctions/honours for all her dance exams (just scraping one in Inter ballet), and has had to prepare herself for that probably not happening this time - but you never know.... Quite honestly, we'll be happy with a pass, as we do know students who have failed it in the past!

Wishing all of you and your DD/DSs some great results in your vocationals - keep us posted. My DD takes her IF first week of Feb and is very nervous, knowing that the marks will be harder to get. The only consolation is that the new IF syllabus exam can be taken at her local school and so we will not have to travel to RAD HQ.

Just to clarify that it is not until Advanced 1 RAD that it is necessary to get above a certain mark in every section to obtain a pass overall. IF, Intermediate and, at present at least, Advanced Foundation are still just given an overall percentage which is used to determine the grade awarded.

Hello last week we found out the results for my 2 daughters who have just received distinctions for their RAD non vocational graded examinations in Primary and Grade 2. Talking to the dance teacher she is seemingly expecting the vocational results for the older girls in the next week.

It's different dates depending where you took the exam :)

And sorry about the comment about failing - didn't mean to put the frighteners on anyone - it's Adv 1 and 2 where they have to pass each part of the exam :blink:

• Like 1

Hi all,

Nice to here it will be this week.

to stardancer did your dd do same exam If.

To interested parent, i have to say i thought

it was a fabulous experience going to rad hq for exam my dd loved the experience, my other dd sprained her knee so coildnt do exam last month i hope she can go up there. I yhink its a good experience for them especially for their first vocational exam.

Also my dd was asking, for advanced 1 what is the minimum points you have to get in each section to pass.

I must say that if you live within striking distance of HQ it is a lovely place to do Voc. exams. Mind you, like everything else it has its ups and downs - my DD was really poorly when she did her exam so we could have done without the journey that day! Hey ho! :-)

Good luck to all awaiting results...!

hi ballemum

no my dd did the intermediate

i agree hq was a lovely experience we made a weekend of it in december

and they were very nice to us

they thought she was cute as she is only 12

which is very funny if you see her as she is tall

anyway all the best to youre dd fingers crossed

Hi, stardancer,

I'm glad you had a good time we were only there for the day as i live in west london but we had a great time too.

My dd teacher has called me with her results for the last two exams instead of having to wait til we get there so i'm feeling anxious today,although she may not, just in case

they come in. I think i'm going out to take my mind off it. Don't normally feel this nervous for her. Not even my results.

Willow ... We had a look i didn't realise it changed as it went up nand you had to get certian marks in each section although looking at the marks

i'm sure your daughter has done well...

and so the wait continues, can't wait to see the first lot of results go up. I know its sad but i think i'm excited for everyone out there.

Quite tense round here too - my daughter had trouble with her ankle giving way on the day of the exam - and stumbled a bit in her pointe work. One minute she's saying she doesn't think the examiner would have noticed, the next she's worried she's failed the pointe section :huh:

She never normally has any trouble with her ankles and her pointe work is pretty good, typical - she also reminded me that on the day of her Intermediate exam she got blisters - never usually gets blisters!!

Roll on next week - at least we'll know - then I can get on with being worried about my son's auditions - first trip in a plane next Wednesday :blink:

hi juliew

sorry to hear your daughter had trouble with her ankle then got blisters

bless her it never seems fair when she has worked so hard

but i bet you when her results come it will be fab

let me no how she gets on

and good luck to youre son on his audition how exciting :)

Hi stardancer,

No news here eitheri spoke to her teacher earlier

She said she got a big brown envelope and thought it

Was the results but it was something else think she is

just as excited bless her.

Hi juliew,

I'm sure your dd did better than she thinks, my

Other dd (i have twins) got a sprained knee and couldnt

Do exam.so she has to wait til summer at least til she does exam

Well done Sheilabee :D

And Stardancer - it was blisters two years ago for inter, and dodgy ankle this time for Adv! ;) Just typical that they happen on exam days isn't it. She doesn't usually get nervous waiting for exams results (tbh she does very well in exams - dance and academic - lucky thing) but she really wants a decent mark for this and, although she's a good dancer, it'll be tough to get high marks in this one! Oh well - the wait's nearly over

Oh and meant to say "thanks" for your best wishes for son's auditions - first two of many I suspect!

And - I've just discovered that you can edit a post if you can see a faint "Edit" written at the bottom of the post (on the left of the "multiquote" button) - I suspect it disappears after a certain time so you can't edit old posts, but don't know how long (it's not on my earlier posts but was on the one above)

Edited by JulieW

Hi Sheila,

Glad to see you back - have been looking out for you and have fingers crossed for a good result for both you and your daughter!

As a teacher, I entered my first class of girls for their Grade 2 Ballet exam just before Christmas, so I am nervously waiting and have everything crossed for them too!

I was lucky because the postman beat Father Christmas, delivering my Licentiate exam results (87% Highly Commended)on Christmas Eve morning! Needless to say I had a very Happy Christmas!!!

Good Luck to all waiting for results and best wishes for the New Year and the new Grades too!

Rhoda x

hi everyone

they are here her teacher phoned at 12.55 today with the good news

she passed

i am so proud as she had to learn it in 6 months

as no one believed she could do it at 12 years old

hope you all have good news

ballemum the waiting is over well until next time

Oh Star dancer that's amazing!!! My daughter only started learning the syllabus in Sept, so she found it tough too but is much older than your daughter, who deserves a large pat on the back!!!!

We're still waiting - class at 4pm today, so hopefully more good news! Any other results out there?

Sx

Hi all,

Stardancer well done to your dd, she has done really well. :)

i spoke my dd's teacher earlier and she said nothing about them

although i didn't ask either.Although she did ask when we were there.

Class is at 5:20 so we shall see if they are up..

Good luck to all dd's waiting and the anxious parents.

My dd's are doing the new intermediate now and loving it too.x