Problems with the Mobile skin

I don't know how many members look at the forum on a mobile device (iPad, iPhone whatever) but there is a problem at the moment related to this. When you view the site on a mobile the display automatically switches to a very usable mobile version. The problem is that at present having done that it refuses to switch back, even when you go back onto your computer. I don't know if this will affect everyone who goes back and forth like this but it has certainly afflicted me and I'm currently only able to use mobile mode which has quite a few functional restrictions. It is very annoying.

We've set the service providers onto this and hope it will be fixed soon. I'll keep you informed.

Thanks John. When I switch between my ipad and the PC the only change I notice is that on the ipad I don't have emoticons. I haven't noticed any other differences so perhaps I'm accidentally not switching to Mobile....not sure. I will keep an eye out though.

You should be able to see at the bottom of the screen whether you are using the mobile or full version. If it says Full (or whatever) don't be tempted to click it to see what happens. My iPad is locked into mobile. It may be that since the iPad is bigger it doesn't automatically go to the mobile skin.

• 1 year later...

More funny behaviour since I updated my iPod to iOS 7. If I use the mobile view on the iPod then the computer browser opens in that view. If I change to the standard web view on my computer then the iPod opens in standard view. (I assume that the iPod Touch and iPhone will show the same behaviour.)

I will enquire further.

• Like 1

My iPad now keeps telling me to update to IOS 7 but am reluctant to do this as when I updated last time I lost all my Youtube favourites etc (mostly ballet) and it took ages to find it all again. I don't know whether this always happens on an up date but it has put me off for the time being till I can check with Apple first!