ROH 2014/15 Period 1 casting

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to get tickets for 18 Oct but being a weekend it's probably going to sell out really quickly. Wonder if we can finally plan a trip to the UK to coincide with the Royal Ballet being in residence and performing. A whole evening of Ashton would be so wonderful.

According to my cast sheets, Melissa Hamilton was  Hermia in The Dream in 2012 and one of Syvia's attendents  in 2010.

Edited to say I don't have that many to look through, so this is all I could come up with!

Edited by Jacqueline

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My ROH Magazine has just arrived.  Here is the casting for the Ashton Bill:

Scènes de Ballet

Lamb/McRae October 18, 28 November 4  and 11

Choe/Zucchetti October 22, November 5 and 12

Symphonic Variations

Nuñez/Golding October 18, November 4, 5 , 11 and 12

Hamilton/Muntagirov October 22 and 28

Month in the Country:

Yanowsky/Pennefather  October 18, November 5 and 11

TBC/Bonelli October 22 and 28, November 4 and 12

5 Brahms Waltzes on all dates: TBC

The TBCs are now on the ROH website.  Lauren Cuthbertson is doing all performances of 5 Brahms Waltzes and Natalia Osipova will be Federico Bonelli's partner in Month in the Country:

http://www.roh.org.uk/mixed-programmes/scenes-de-ballet-five-brahms-waltzes-in-the-manner-of-isadora-duncan-symphonic-variations-a-month-in-the-country

Here's the casting for the other mixed bill.  Hope there are no typos this time!

Ceremony of Innocence

TBC/Watson/Sambé November 7, 8 (eve), 14 and 17

TBC Nov 8 (mat) and 13

Aeternum

Nuñez/Bonelli/Kish Nov 7, 8 (eve) 14 and 17
Calvert/Hirano/Underwood November 8 (mat) and 13

Age of Anxiety TBC

Some casting has also  been announced for Age of Anxiety.  Laura Morera and Steven McRae are doing November 7, 8 (eve) 14 and 17.  Other dates still TBC

http://www.roh.org.uk/productions/the-age-of-anxiety-by-liam-scarlett

• Like 1

Vis a vis the Don Q, in a way it appears odd to me that they are bringing Salenko back in to dance with McRae.  (If there were clear commercial incentives for such I would certainly be understanding.)  I would have thought after their success in MND that RB principal Morera might have been given a try.  To my eyes the latter two looked very good together and I certainly believe that Morera has the toolkit required for this specific production.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 8

Interesting.  I don't believe that was the original intention.

At a London Ballet Circle interview last year Mara Galeazzi said that she had been cast to dance Ludovic Ondiviela's Cassandra at the Linbury, although scheduled for post-retirement from RB.

I think that it's odd that Hamilton and Muntagirov are only getting two performances in Symphonic Variations whereas Osipova and Golding are getting five. It's possible that Muntagirov has a guest performance elsewhere which he committed himself to before he joined the RB. I wonder whether he will guest as much now that he has joined the RB.

Vadim Muntagirov will be guesting in National Ballet of Japan's new Sleeping Beauty (by Wayne Eagling) in early November so that might be a reason he doesn't appear much in Symphonic Variations. He will also be guesting in NBJ's La Bayadere and Swan Lake

• Like 1

Oh, thanks for this information, Naomi. He was outstanding in the RB's recent Sleeping Beauty and he has danced Siegfried (excellently) many times. I can't comment on his Solor as he's never danced it in the UK. Although he can do all the 'tricks' he is not flashy. I hope that the Japanese audience will appreciate his beautiful classical technique and courteous partnering.

• Like 2

Chrischris, Muntagirov will have the power and technical ability for the role and I don't suppose that he'll have trouble with the partnering as he's very experienced in negotiating spectacular and tricky lifts. The only question will be be whether he can convince as a cheeky chappy.

I'm not a fan of Laura Morera in the traditional romantic and classical ballets, but I simply can't understand why she hasn't been cast as Kitri in Don Q. Having seen her Mercedes, which was so much better than everyone else's, I think that she'd be perfect as Kitri.