new to all this and awaiting the result of hammond lower school audition

ebony

hi all,

im new to all this as ive always been reluctant to allow my daughter to put herself through auditions. however, through the recommendation of her dance teacher, she auditioned for the hammond lower school on the 3rd of march.  still awaiting the results and i must admit, my nerves are in bits, lol. anyone had the same audition and has received results? i'll add that i did email them yesterday and got a reply saying 'the results were sent out on 1st class posts on friday'. its tuesday now, my postman has been and theres nothing. not looking good i know

Edited by ebony

Hi Ebony, well done to your DD (and you!) for auditioning! Hope she enjoyed it! My DD didn't audition this year, so I can't answer your question, sorry. I think that if you don't get the letter by tomorrow you can simply call the school again and I'm sure they will help you. Fingers crossed for your DD.

hi Ebony and welcome to the forum.  As far as I am aware the letters for yes and no are all sent out at the same time so I think it is probably just a case of slow post that you haven't heard yet.  If you hear nothing in the next day or so I would phone them in case the letter has gone astray.  Fingers crossed for your DD and for your nerves.  No auditions for us this year but I remember how it felt to be waiting.

Yes, I'd give them a ring - when we auditioned we were there on the Monday, they posted results on the Friday and we got our offer on the Saturday so they are pretty prompt and don't hang around with the results.  Good luck! x

(Edited for poor typing!! :) )

Edited by dtadmin

decided to give them a ring and the lady who deals with it is on her lunch break, so, ive emailed her! hoping she puts us out of our misery as soon as she can.  have a feeling the letter has got lost in the post

Out shopping at the moment but I think hair belles answer is prob correct

Don't worry too much yet. I heard on the grapevine that they were a bit later than usual due to some of the Admin staff being away promoting the school at Move It .

Best of Luck it is a lovely school.

I think Ebony has already been told that the results were sent out on Friday 1st class ladies :)

Well done to your DD ebony - what lovely news.  We loved The Hammond and thought it such a friendly welcoming vibrant school.  It is the furthest from us though so not ideal in that respect.  My DS is sorted somewhere nearer now so we won't be going back for the funding audition next week..

Well done. I thought that would be the case seeing as her school received the tests.

A lot if staff were out last week with showcase & Move It & exest. Just because results have left the office doesn't necessarily mean they have been collected & hit the postal system yet.

But it sounds like the post has been delayed in this case.

It is a lovely school I am so happy with it.

• Like 5

My dd auctioned too on 3rd march for year 9 place. She rang me this morning saying she was sitting a maths and English test for the hammond and had her letter come. At that point we had not received anything until I read my email confirming she has been offered a place and that the letter was in the post confirming this.

• Like 9

the forms have arrived in the post today. do we need to fill in the registration form and pay the £60 even though we're not sure that dd will get funding yet? ive heard that there are only 8 funded places, is this for just yr 7 or up to yr 10? please if you can answer my questions, it would be a great help, thank you :)

I wouldn't know for sure about the places. Last year it was rumoured they had approx 12 funded places of which it seems around half ish went to year 7.

But that's hearsay. The children arnt supposed to talk about their funding but I heard one family turned down an mds due to their income (you contribute according to a sliding scale) & there's a few on bursaries.

I daren't say more as I don't want to jeapordise our funding.

thanks for replying, guess now the news has settled, we are a bit worried that our dd will be disappointed if she cant get funding and therefore go.  i guess i wont send off the registration then till i know about funding