Lower school audition results 2014

JulieW

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations MVOBE - that's great news after the earlier disappointment. Ā We are still waiting for RBS results, but yesterday heard DS has a yes to finals at Elmhurst. Ā So we are very happy here! Ā  Tring on Thur next week....... Ā  I wonder how many boys they invite back for finals at Elmhurst - anyone have any recent experience?Ā 

Zoo

• Like 2

Yay!!! Really pleased to hear your son has a final for Elmhurst MVOBE. Huge luck to him. A couple of years ago there were around 20 boys at the final but they tend to only take a few and boy classes have been pretty small of late. Its not like RBS where they will take a set of 12. Sometimes they only have 6/7. I think one of the current years only has about 4!! Good luck and thanks for sharing your journey so far x

Gosh you are all so brave- this sounds like an agonising process. But for those unsuccessful I just wanted to share that my DS auditioned for JAs twice when he was younger (and only doing half an hour of ballet a week) and was both times turned down. At 14 after a year of slightly more (and vaganova) training he was offered a scholarship to the Kirov USA summer school (as well as places at summer schools at Houston, ABT, Bolshoi and RBS) and following that summer a 100% scholarship to the full time programme. Clearly he has a way to go as he's only 16 now so no idea what the future holds (though he has already had an offer of a company position when he was only15!), but alI I wanted to emphasise was that how one school (even if it's RBS) evaluates you at 11 shouldn't be seen as the definitive judgement on your future potential. If they were that perfectly prescient there wouldn't be any assessing out would there?

Sending lots of support to you all- no matter what your outcome....

• Like 26

You're so right, CeliB. No selective school, of whatever type, can always get it right because the selection panels are, after all, only human.

Ā 

We also need to remember that body types, confidence levels, ability to perform etc can all change dramatically between 11-16 and this can affect DCs whether for good or ill.

• Like 3

It's a no for Rbs for us.Not upset one bit.After visiting Elmhurst she loved it and was more concerned about getting to finals for them.

Tring said today that they will contact us at the end of next week with results.

I'm sure the London letters will be out tomorrow or the next day so good luck everyone.

I am sorry to hear your news TMT but as you say, focus on the positives and move forward with your other choices! Ā Why do you think London results will be out tomorrow - feeling very nervous now and will have to stalk the postman!

New ballet mum hereĀ” DD waiting everyday for the postman to come but no letters yet... She auditioned for Tring and WL. we are surprised that we haven't heard from Tring .... they told us it would be about ten days or two weeks and nothing yet.... does anyone know about Tring results?? We suppose we will hear from London this week. Fingers crossed for every talented child!!!!