Lower school audition results 2014

JulieW

Thank you to all of you for such kind comments and advice. Thank god I found this forum or I would have felt totally alone. I know what you are all saying is right and to be honest I am way more upset than I should be. I think it is because ds does not naturally have a lot of confidence and I am just worried that this no and possibly more no's will take him to the confidence level he had before ja's.

Don't laugh but how do a find a pm and is that personal message? Still getting used to this brilliant site! You are all so kind hearted.

Good luck to all awaiting results still

• Like 4

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh...she's probably a little conflicted - I think LinMM had some good advice on one of the threads today about making sure all our DCs know just how tough it is and how few places there are - especially when there are so many talented children out there.  

I think more than ever, children from every background have access to and aspirations for the best teaching in whichever their favoured discipline is...certainly far more than was available when I was a child so the the competition for these coveted places is so much bigger than ever before.

Has your DD done or got any other auditions for this year? Thankfully all my DDs first round auditions are over and she's just got funding finals to go now :)

x

Best of luck to your DD DTADMIN. No my DD has not auditioned for anything else, only MIDs and WL. I think that shows that she wasn't really ready to go away!

She has lots to look forward to here though, like Inter foundation thingy, exams, festivals and hopefully a summer school somewhere and of course moving up to her local senior school with all her friends. Good luck everyone :D

• Like 2

Sorry to hear of all the nos at the moment and hope your children all bounce back quickly.  We found that in this strange world that is ballet there is always something on the horizon to look forward to.

MVOB - PM is indeed personal message.  When you are logged in there is an envelope symbol at the top of your screen.  Click on that and you will see your messages.  The icon next to it tells you who has liked your posts.

MVOBE - dd auditioned for year 7 at all 4 schools - was offered 2 places but without funding.  We had never even heard about associate schemes before applying, She was only attending an hour of ballet classes a week at the local dance school - read about the RBS and wanted to go.  Her offers just made her more determined to apply for sixth form.  I have to admit I thought she'd grow out of it - but no! Spent the next five years driving her around the country to easter/summer schools and associate classes.  Also found her a fantastic ballet teacher, although this entailed a long round trip each week - we lived out in the sticks!

So basically saying - don't give up (unless ds wants to of course).  There are plenty of wonderful opportunities out there for them to progress out of full time training - and you get to keep them at home too!  DD was successful at her sixth form auditions and now thoroughly enjoying herself.

• Like 7

Thinking of all of you waiting for the post man today - as an unexpected letter came through the door - if it's not today or tommorow it's going to be a long weekend ........it doesn't seem a whole year since I was I your shoes and yes it was torture ! Wishing you all of the best????????

Edited by Billyelliott

balletqs (#66) is spot on. The only thing I would add is that wherever our DC do their training, success is usually born out of hard work. Good luck everyone.

If only that was all success involved. :-) Don't forget physique, musicality, turnout facility, love of dance to name but a few - and of course funds!

• Like 4

I haven't contributed as my son did not audition at year 7. But felt I had to re giving up. My son didn't start ballet until 10/11. Didn't try for vocational until 16. Went to Elmhurst and has been a professional dancer for the last 5 years now with the Bavarian State Ballet. He worked so hard but it is possible. Some just aren't ready at 11 and some who do go at 11 never go into the profession. It is a strange route. If it is a no just make sure he enjoys it locally and gets the best teacher he can for him. He must keep the joy of dancing.

Good Luck and good luck to all those auditioning. It is such a tough time and agony for parents too. Just wait until they are auditioning for companies. lol Even worse as I'm sure  JulieW will agree with :-)

• Like 13

That's a very nice post Julie 2 Milner! It's great to know that children don't have to start ballet at 3 as some would have us believe, to make a successful career.

I do not feel too stressed today about the Elmhurst letter. It will be here tomorrow and whatever the answer it cannot be changed. I am determined to turn each no into a positive experience and put our energies into looking into things that will help improve my ds's technique and make him better prepared for the audition round next year.

Big hugs and huge luck to every dc awaiting tomorrow's results

• Like 8

It was ds birthday yesterday and I prayed like mad that the Elmhurst letter wouldn't arrive (possibly containing bad news) after the disappointment of White Lodge on Wednesday. Why oh why didn't it come yesterday? because it was a yes!!!!!!!

So very happy and ds is over the moon. All we both wanted was to get to the finals, any finals.

Phew!!

Big congratulations to everyone who had a yes, haven't read any no's yet, is that normal?

• Like 14

It was ds birthday yesterday and I prayed like mad that the Elmhurst letter wouldn't arrive (possibly containing bad news) after the disappointment of White Lodge on Wednesday.

Why oh why didn't it come yesterday? because

it was a yes!!!!!!!

Great news MVOBE!!! I was checking the thread now and again today, thinking of you and your DS. Soooo happy for you! Well done to your DS!! Congratulations!

• Like 2

Congratulations :-)

You may not hear as much news on here as you might think as either people don't like to share or they just haven't found us! There's an awful lot more people out there auditioning than there are actively using this forum. Although it never feels like it at this time of year ;-)

Good luck for Elmhurst finals (i obviously have a soft spot for them) and his Tring audition

• Like 2

I don't I'm afraid as we haven't been to an audition for lower school there for some years now (doesn't time fly) but there will be others who may have some idea as they'll have had more recent experience. Perhaps put your question in the lower school questions thread (or the Elmhurst one) in case people don't see it here.