Guest Autumn days

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Autumn days

Finals here too!

Jazpaws and lifeafterballet, , I have sent you a pm!

Edited to add another recipient of a pm!!

Edited by mum in a spin
  • Like 4

Its a yes for for finals for my DD for the dance course but a no for MT, though the no for MT was expected, DD just wanted to have a go to see what happened. We are so proud that after a terrible year last year when she believed that she was "rubbish" ( her words) due to comments made by her then teacher, now she has tangible yesses from all 4 places she has applied to, so she is beginning to believe in herself again. Thanks to everybodys support here I have just about kept sane through it all. Congratulations to all the other yesses and I am so sorry for the nos, but from my experience you will get through it. I am a great believer in things happen for a reason and we are definitely proof of that. DD was so unhappy last year after having to turn down a place a Tring because she didn't qualify for MDS because we live abroad but now she says it was meant to be because otherwise she would not have seen the other great places. Now we have some hard thinking to do!

• Like 8

As far as I'm aware , the way it works is they don't have a specific number as such. They just have a pot of money provided by the Government. They then put the students in the order they want to offer out funding and depending on how much each student requires (ie based on their individual income bracket) depends on how far the school can then go down the list offering out funding.

There always has been means testing with DADA awards but how it is administered is very different now.  Before there was a set number of awards allocated per school and parental contribution was the same for the majority.  Now the number funded by DADA will vary as it a pot of money and the amount given to individuals depends on family income.

That concerns me a little as if successful  Dd would receive a full Dada not a percentage, so if there are a couple of children at the audition needing a full Dada  then less children will receive funding  :unsure: wouldn't that go against these children? I also know of a few children been invited to the Dada audition that can self fund, why would they need to re-audition?

Very confused :blink:

I am far from being the expert sugarplumsmum, but I thought someone got a DADA or not and it couldn't be split between 2 for example. It clearly states in the letter DD received, that if parental income is over £70,000 then a student isn't eligible for a DADA award. Thing is, it's all a bit confusing and there could well be a few with income over £70,000 that ticked the DADA box without being aware they weren't eligible  :wacko: My DD needs the full DADA and then there is the boarding issue, at nearly £12,000 per year, not quite sure how it will work. Very hard for all, especially with all the other audition stress and GCSE's