Anjuli_Bai

Room 202 - on the positive side

A surprise breakfast in bed!

OK, just a couple of croissants and espresso on a tray, but served up by my hubby, complete with my favourite sunday paper...bliss...

I can certainly get used to this... :)

• Like 2

They also make a very nice hot chocolate powder!!

• Like 2

Where did you find that, Lin? Waitrose used to do a very god one but they no longer make it.

Sorry Fiz only just seen your post here .....yes Waitrose do it or did until very recently.....I'll look on Friday!!

Holidays!!!

Only 90 hours to go before I board the plane :)

• Like 7

Meeting inspiring people!! Today I was at yoga when I noticed a couple of very graceful ladies.... I chatted to them after the class- they're dancers with Ballet Theatre UK! It was so lovely to be able to talk to them, they were so kind and inspiring :)

• Like 5

This might sound a bit of a silly one but to me those little thin snag free rubber bands for my daughters hair have been a god send....she has the finest hair imaginable and all the bobbles I have tried when doing plaits are way too big and I have to wrap them round what feels like 100 times and then they look ridiculous with these dainty little plaits and then this chunk of bobble at the end, so when a very helpful lady in a shop pointed these out to me I was overjoyed!! They are now a staple in our dance bag ????

• Like 1

The cast recording of Miss Saigon!! I was listening to it whilst doing revision today...... Not much revision was done!! ;)

• Like 2

Got back from a weekend away late yesterday to find that while I was away DH had cleaned all the windows inside and out, cleaned all the frames and washed the net curtains by hand, dried them on the line and hung them back up again :)

And cooked us a roast dinner! :D

• Like 5

These things are far better than any Christmas Present!

Taxi that is amazing. Most men wouldn't even be aware these jobs actually need doing never mind doing them un-prompted.

• Like 2

My downstairs neighbour must be very domesticated, too: I often hear him doing the washing, hoovering and so on when his girlfriend's out/away.  Such a change from the one where I used to live: that was always a battle.  Either she'd come in and start on at him because he hadn't done all the things she'd asked him to, just slobbed on the sofa all day (I'm assuming, given that I could hear the TV on), or you'd hear a sudden manic hoovering shortly before she arrived, and would realise that she must have rung or texted to say she was on the train or something and he'd just realised he'd been sitting around all day doing nothing!

• Like 2

OMG! Don't tempt me....Will have to force myself not to test my cup holder -don't need much persuasion to eat a choc orange in one go!!

• Like 2

I was in town with my husband a while ago, towards the end of the day. The flower man was selling off his last few bunches for a pound a pop. I had a pound coin in my pocket and chose a bunch. As he waited, flowers in one hand, the other outstretched for my money, I could not find the coin. I realised it had fallen through a hole in the lining of my coat and tried to locate it in the depths. Eventually I found it and tried to work it towards the hole. Flower man gave up waiting as I struggled. Then my husband, who had been standing behind me, decided to have a try at getting the pound coin out of my pocket. This meant both our hands were in my pocket and as we tussled, me mainly trying to get his hand out of my pocket, another man came up and asked if I was alright. He thought I was being mugged, which is probably how it looked. All was resolved and the police were not called. The positive side of this being the man trying to assist in what appeared to be my hour of need. He was a gent to help me. 

• Like 3

Have been listening to Miserere sung by Kings College Cambridge. Just the most beautiful piece of music I think I have ever heard. Written by an Amazing 14 year old Mozart!

• Like 1

Have been listening to Miserere sung by Kings College Cambridge. Just the most beautiful piece of music I think I have ever heard. Written by an Amazing 14 year old Mozart!

A true genius.  

• Like 1

Driving home yesterday evening about 9pm, I slowed down to let a small deer trot across the road in front of us - she was accompanied by the tiniest cutest newborn fawn :) It was the most adorable thing I've seen in a very long time!

• Like 2

How lovely, Taxi! That is surely very early for a fawn's birth?