• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a job!! Only for three months but I am so excited - mainly about the money - it will pay for dd's accommodation for a few months. I have signed up with two more agencies and had interviews for permanent and temporary jobs and I really thought I had blown this one as well as the others but I start on Monday so not going to be around as much. Happy, happy, happy - well happy about the money, not happy about being absent from here!

edited for clarification

Edited by porthesia
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

How did I miss this?  Congratulations, porthesia.

It may be boring - but it can always lead on to better things.  I have a friend who, after struggling to bring up 3 children on her own - her husband being dead - has gone back to work and slogged away diligently at some uninspiring telesales job or something for several years, with horrendous long hours, but a few months ago she actually got promoted to management and is back on hours which actually allow her to lead some kind of life :)

• Like 2

Hi alison

It is a temporary role and does not exist as a permanent role - data entry and 3 of us to complete the task in 10 weeks.  We are all bored out of our brains but grateful for the (albeit small) monetary reward. 

Oh well, I suppose it's something to add to your transferable skills set: data entry, the ability to withstand being bored out of your skulls, and still showing up on time on a daily basis (I trust) and putting the work in.  It's more than some people would manage in those circumstances.

Who knows, even that might lead to something, somehow.

Sunny days!! And Robins!!

The weather here has been glorious the past week now with full on sun every day. It's lovely sitting in the garden and listening to our very friendly robin singing his heart out at the moment. We've seen two together so I think has found a mate at last so must be singing to defend a near by nest site though not in my hedge this time.

Yesterday afternoon I walked from Saltdean to Ovingdean......where there is a little cafe on the walkway and had a cup of tea on the beach........first time this season......and that always feels special.....I went in for a paddle......water absolutely freezing of course but was immersing my ankles deliberately for about 15 mins to see if first sea and then sun can move my ankle forward a bit(sorry to keep going on about my injury)

There wasn't anybody swimming yesterday........it would have been like swimming in a fresh mountain stream though for those who can take this!!!

Anyway a little taste of summer not quite t-shirt weather but nice not to have to wear a coat at least.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes it is the small things which make us happy.

Several years ago a book I wrote was serialized and published online.  As the years went by the publisher upgraded the site and software and in the process much was lost by the server.  Well, it seems now that the book serialization has been recovered online - I've always had it in WORD and hard copy, but it was fun to see it again at the old site..

YEA!!

Here is the poem I wrote on the opening page for "Reluctant Martyr":

My life was lived between the sleeps

Asked, one gives, one sows, one reaps

Sowing, reaping, bargains and barter

Yes, I answered, but as a reluctant martyr

• Like 3

The flowers we are seeing emerge in our new garden and adding to them. I am buying old English flowers and shrubs and have found the Crocus website to be so good. They are fast with their deliveries and their plants are strong, healthy and take well to their new homes. :D

• Like 3

A surprise breakfast in bed!

OK, just a couple of croissants and espresso on a tray, but served up by my hubby, complete with my favourite sunday paper...bliss...

I can certainly get used to this... :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...