Tring Classical Ballet Academy audition

Danceroo

My dd is auditioning on the 17th for the CBA. It will be her second attempt! She has improved and matured so much since last year, I will be keeping my fingers crossed. Just wondered if any of you might know how many places there could be on offer?

Many thanks

Not that many I wouldnt have thought. However there will be some places left unfilled by those who changed their minds or had other commitments. Its good that Tring have another round of auditions so that spaces get filled.

Good luck!

The last class (with some of the elder/highest graded students) alway seems very small but I know in the past that they have not filled that class just for the sake of it.

All the other classes (apart from the boys) look very full. However I don't know the maximum they take in each class. I would guess there are only a few places overall. Demand/competition for places is very high and its an excellent programme.

Don't wish to discourage anyone though so wish you all the best of luck for Sunday. I assume the auditions are in the main building this time as the CBA is taking place this Sunday as well?

I am only guessing here but I suspect the main reasons for anyone not continuing on the programme would be more to do with lack of commitment and respect for the programme, eg people's continued abscence without good reason. They would then obviously prefer those odd places to go to students who are making it their first priority.

Edited by hfbrew

The groups they audition in on the day are not necessarily the group the will be placed in if successful. There are usually 3/4 audition groups but there are 7 groups in the CBA.

Ages and grades are mixed between the groups as they are placed very much on ability.

Apparently there are 102 auditioning on Sunday for 15 places across the groups. However there will be more spaces in the top group than any other as this is always a very small class.

Good luck to all those auditioning this Sunday, it's a fabulous programme and anyone offered a place should be very proud of themselves as it's getting increasingly difficult to get in.