Darn, I don't have Sky Arts but would sooo love to see SL again as I was smitten by it last summer. I assume there's a DVD....and I still just have enough time to write to Santa!

I have a DVD of the Murphy Swan Lake by Australian Ballet so one does exist.

Edited by Don Q Fan

On Thursday June 1st there is a performance of Balanchine's landmark SYMPHONY IN C by the Paris Opera Ballet being broadcast at 11.30 am.

The Sky Arts listing says this is 'new' to them.  

Yes, thanks very much, Bruce - really excited to see this (would be great to have this back soon at ROH). 

It’ll be interesting to see what this turns out to be. I think POB usually do Le Palais de Cristal ( a full colour version of Symphony in C) and New York City Ballet’s Symphony in C, performed at the Paris Opera, has just been released on disc. I do hope it’s the POB actually performing – only because I’ve just bought the NYC recording (which is very good).

followed by 'War & Peace', banged out inside 2 hours. I have no idea what its like, but to get War & Peace told inside 2 hours is impressive in its own right!

It's the occasional times like this that I regret not having Sky Arts - even if the casts weren't what I'd have chosen.

22 hours ago, Bruce Wall said:

19th November at 3.00 pm - Ashton - Rhapsody/Two Pigeons ... :) ... A little touch of Ashton magic to brighten up anyone's day ... 

Thanks for the heads up Bruce. Sky Arts has had very little of late to make it worth continuing to subscribe. Perhaps the winter season will bring some new broadcasts.