Regional Youth Ballet info??

Pups_mum

I've seen a few posts on here about this organisation but have totally failed to find out any further info about them. Google brings up the threads on here plus a few news articles and links to dance schools who have had pupils in previous productions, but nothing about current or future auditions and performances. They don't seem to have a website, which is a bit unusual these days. Either that or I am being totally incompetent! Does anyone know how I can find out more? How do they publicise what they are doing?

Hi, I think they contact local dance schools with details prior to audition date - that's how we got info last year. We were told that a website was coming soon. We had posters for show (I still have one) with phone no on but prob shouldn't put that on here?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Georgia and welcome to the forum. According to our Forum Acceptable Use Policy, highly critical posts may only be made by members displaying their full, real name, i.e:

"If a member chooses to make highly critical comments this must be done in their own full name and not behind an anonymous user name and email."

Normally we ask members to edit such posts to include their full name, but as such edits may only be carried out within a short timeframe, the time when you may edit your post has passed. Therefore I have hidden your original post. Please repost your thoughts on RYB under your full name.

If you wish to check the Forum Rules, the Acceptable Use Policy may be found here: http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/417-the-balletcoforum-acceptable-use-policy/

Many thanks,

Annabel (Spannerandpony)

• 1 month later...

hi Janet , ok hopefully get some response - my dd has auditioned for this today and wants to do it if she's accepted but its quite expensive and some commitment is required so I want to know if anyone else has had experience of it if i can find anyone !!?           

Hello Aly,

If you search the forums for "Regional Youth Ballet" in the search box (top right of the page) you'll find several threads about RYB.

Here's one: http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/1450-regional-youth-ballet/?hl=%2Bregional+%2Byouth+%2Bballet

And another one: http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/3277-regional-youth-ballet/?hl=%2Bregional+%2Byouth+%2Bballet

I made comments on a previous thread regarding some issues we had, which sound really negative. I would like to add that we did get the issues sorted out by discussing with Angela, and my dd really enjoyed the experience, and the performance was lovely.

• Like 3

From our experienc, they do seem able to adapt their existing choreography to suit the abilities of the students they have each session.  This is either expanded or made a little more simple as the individuals require.  The first half is Les Syphides which is a beautiful piece the whole company take part in, the second half is a varied programme of 'popular' pieces of work from known ballets with some solo opportunities for the older girls (usually those who have been awarded the scholarships.  These small groups allow all the children to have their spotlight moment.

Hope you get good news!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes we did receive the DVD afterwards, it was if a good quality and has some lovely footage if the children in the dressing rooms xx

Ah, thanks. How long did it take to have the DVD? My friend's niece was on the one in June but she still hasn't got a copy of the show.

Ah, thanks. How long did it take to have the DVD? My friend's niece was on the one in June but she still hasn't got a copy of the show.

My DD took part November last year - I cant remember how long the DVD took but it was quite a while, I would guess three - four months.

• Like 1

My DD got the junior scholarship place and it was her first ever audition. She loved the experience, the show was lovely and everyone got time to shine. After doing EYB this year I can see that RYB was on a much smaller scale and on a completely different level, but still just as enjoyable. Communication was a bit of an issue at some points, but I have to say they worked around my DD's other dancing commitments allowing her to continue with everything as well as taking part in the show. We haven't received our DVD or any answers to our communication asking about its whereabouts which is very upsetting after we had worked so closely together, and has marred the end of what was a lovely experience for DD.

• Like 1

The show was in May, and no one has been able to get any response from Angela. Luckily I know the guy who shot the DVD so I am getting some for as many people as I can but it is very frustrating. Thank you BankruptMum, we are very proud of her!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi my dd auditioned yesterday in Halifax for regional youth ballet and gained a junior scholarship, it was also her first audition. I must say I'm a little worried about the fact that there is nothing on google or any website for this. I did see that there were some auditions inJanuary in Whitley Bay for March but I can't find anywhere that this took place! I just wondered if this is a scam or whether to give it a go?

Can anyone give me any advice please?

• Like 1

My DD did it about 3 or 4 years ago in Abergavenny ( run by Angela ) and loved it! Yes, there is nothing on the Internet but I think that the standard was high and the show was very professional. Well done to your DD - great news about the scholarship.

• Like 1

Thank you that's nice to hear, I think you just worry when people are paying that much money and you can't find any information about it. It's always good to hear reviews. My little girl was over the moon.

We did it in May and have never received the DVD despite emailing Angela, any response would have been good even if it was to say sorry, no DVD. It's a great pity as we enjoyed the experience and DS had a solo which unfortunately we don't have a record of.

I thought someone on the site knew how to get one but didn't get a reply. If anyone has a copy from the Derby May 2013 performance and would be prepared to lend it to  me I would be extremely grateful.

Jill