Cat-alogue

taxi4ballet

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Aquinas getting on with Minkus? He must be Head waiter presumably!!

I loved the image of Aquinas sitting at the dining table ready to eat or serve as the case may be!!

Another nice name for a cat as well!!

Hello LinMM, unfortunately Papagena and Minkus (Aquinas has long since gone to the dinner party in the sky) are not yet fast friends. She takes a swipe at his tail as he passes by. And occasionally hisses at him. I'm hoping she'll get over it. He lets her have first dibs on the crunchies and is otherwise quite gentlemanly.

• Like 1

Just about to leave home to go to vets with our darling 19 year old cat Socks. She has a cancerous growth attached to her bladder and has now started passing blood. Am dreading the verdict. She was a rescue cat who we adopted together with her mum when they were 12 & 13 years old as noone else wanted to take on such elderly cats. Sadly Mum died after a couple of years but Socks has always been very healthy until she started losing weight about a year ago. She was a big fat cat but is now all skin and bone but we love her enormously and I just cant imagine arriving home and her not coming to greet me.

Just about to leave home to go to vets with our darling 19 year old cat Socks. She has a cancerous growth attached to her bladder and has now started passing blood. Am dreading the verdict. She was a rescue cat who we adopted together with her mum when they were 12 & 13 years old as noone else wanted to take on such elderly cats. Sadly Mum died after a couple of years but Socks has always been very healthy until she started losing weight about a year ago. She was a big fat cat but is now all skin and bone but we love her enormously and I just cant imagine arriving home and her not coming to greet me.

Prima Ballerina Assoluta Margot Fonteyn de Arias was also 19 when she left this world to wait for me in the next.  The only possible consolation for me was to have it in my power to give her the gift of peace and end her suffering.  That cosolation didn't fill the empty spaces (that was in 1990 and I still miss her) but that emptiness was for me to endure - while she was released from needless travail.  

A week later, I went  to a shelter to find another sweet friend, Effie (from the ballet La Sylphide), so Margot's life gifted another with a home.  Effie lived till 15 - so now I have two waiting for me.  

Keep your mind on the gift of peace you are able to give her.  We can't even do that for ourselves.

• Like 2

Thinking of you Spooky.

Sorry Toursenlair I didn't realise Aquinas was with you no longer you've probably said but Ive missed it. He looked such a lovely cat.

But Minkus looks gorgeous anyway.....hope they'll soon hit it off or at least keep respectful distances!!

Well it was the best news possible from the vet. He didn't think it was time to let her go yet - she had actually perked up a lot from the previous evening by the time we got to the vet. He thinks she possibly has a urine infection so gave her an antibiotic jab which will last two weeks and we have upped her steroids. As long as she continues to seem pain-free (he said although it is hard to tell when cats are in pain he felt I was very in tune with her) and eats well we will review again in two weeks. We know that we are getting close to saying goodbye and I would never want her to suffer but am so glad to have a little extra time. She seems very well today even jumping onto my bed for a cuddle first thing and I have just brought her a lovely mat that refects back body heat as she seems to be feeling the cold (hubby not keen on her sitting on the table behind his laptop where the fan sends out warm air as blocks vent!). She looks very contented on her new blanket inside a cardboard box that we have been unable to throw out after a delivery because she adopted it!

• Like 9

LinMM she is a regular black and white moggy with white 'socks' one of which is knee length. As I mentioned she was a rather large cat in her prime (nearly 5kg) but now only weighs just over 3kg. We didn't choose her name as she was a rescue cat who we were told was left homeless (along with her mum) following a marriage breakup. She loves being stroked but not handled too much. She has had a really good day today and seems very well - almost impossible to remember how she seemed just a day or so ago

• Like 4

I remember my cat in his last two years when he was less secure in his health would always want to come and sleep both on and in the bed! He would sometimes snuggle up close to my face and just purr and purr and purr. I felt in a special sort of communion with him sometimes which was quite heavenly.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

A friend of mine had a cat and a budgie for several years and it got to the point where we all thought the cat wasn't that interested in the budgie as seemed to ignore it on its fly arounds. That is until one day suddenly the cat went for it and budgie was no more :(

He took his time but was probably planning it for some time!! Crafty old cat.

It's a great ad MAB.

But then there is the ad with the kittens coming out of a packet of (I think) chocolate digestive biscuits and there is also an ad with an unspecified creature coming out of a packet of Jaffa Cakes - I wants it! The creature not the Jaffa cakes (still on a diet).

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Our beautiful, darling cat Jessie died unexpectedly this morning after a mercifully brief illness. Always sweet-natured, she came to us from a rescue shelter aged 5 and spent ten happy years with us.

Farewell 'Best Pussy'.

:(

I have been through that grief twice.  In her memory get yourself another feline friend.

So sorry Taxi   Hugs to you.

Poppy never recovered from her kidney disease last year and we had the dreaded trip to the vets last September.  I've come on here so often to say but not been able to - still miss her so much, oh gosh tearing up yet again.

Sorry to hear about the death of much loved pussy cats Porthesia and Taxi 10 plus years is a long time for a furry friend to be part of the household and always really sad when they depart.

A few months ago I had a dream about my deceased cat Toscar (18 when he died) I was stroking him in the dream and very aware of his furriness and he was purring. When I woke up it took a few minutes to realise this had been but a dream :(

Yes I agree Fiz when they are very real like that. It's the same when I sometimes dream of my mum or dad when I wake up I can't think for a few moments where I am or even......now....which century we're in :)

Then there's that disappointment when you realise has only just been a dream.

When my first cat died(car accident) I got Toscar just a couple of months later and after seeing quite a few kitten litters first....I just fell in love with him immediately!!

We have talked about getting another cat or even dog especially now Ive retired but haven't got round to it yet.

I was very tempted the other week when the lovely doggy......a cockerpoo .....in the clinic where I do yoga on Fridays in Lewes had puppies. The lady who runs the clinic showed us the piccies of the little pups and I wanted them all.....so cute. They were all different colours and I did rather fancy a very dark brown one there but she said that was the first one to be spoken for!! In fact I think most had been promised to people before they were born even.

Sometimes that's what happens when you do go on the search for a cat or dog......an owner will tell you that one of her other animals is pregnant etc.

Tempting as it is to have a kitten or puppy I would probably go for a rescue dog etc now unless it was someone I knew or something like that.

• Like 2

I've held out about getting another cat just yet as our other cat Tia is 10 years old and I'm worried she'll run away.  If you get a new cat taxi, do let us know all about it and sorry for hijacking your post

Both of our cats are rescues, as were our first two. The male cat came as a rescued tiny kitten and we then took him from the rescuer. The queen was the offspring of a breeder whose queen had escaped and presented her with the horror of a non breed litter! :o The kittens were kept in a horrible box of the type that are used as guinea pig runs. They had no day light or room to roam. Our poor cat was traumatised and it took four years before she began to trust us and the freedom of a decent sized house terrified her, I can see in retrospect. She is still a bit skittish but so much better than she was. She will sit on us for a fuss now. The male cat is gloriously uncomplicated. Please, if you buy a cat, dear Ballet Coers, consider a rescue cat. They need love so much and repay it so beautifully.

• Like 5