RBS junior associates auditions

happy days

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Froggy legs - sit on the floor and put the soles of your feet together in front of you with your legs bent to each side. Gently push down your legs to see if your knees can touch the floor. I am told this gives an idea of turnout.

This also gives relief from period-pain, ladies!

• Like 2

This has been very interesting and extremely helpful - my DD is less nervous now she has some idea of what she will be doing. She has been practicing her flexibility exercises like mad - she's great at froggy legs both ways and king cobra and the stretching both arms and legs whilst keeping back flat to the floor, but she's struggling with box splits a bit (has noticeably improved but it's not perfect). She's just taking it all in her stride as she knows that with 18 months of lessons for 45 mins a week she's very inexperienced. We had the email confirmation a few days ago, so we're just waiting on a date now!

Good luck to both your dds! We are just about coming to the end of the JA's journey and will be moving on. It has been a lovely experience for both my daughter and me. We have met some friends for life and had some wonderful experiences. It is a huge commitment and weekends arw not your own,particularly if you need to travel any distance but dd has got so much out of it! Any questions , feel free to ask

Edited by along for the ride mum
  • Like 1

thank you along for the ride.  we are lucky as we only live 15 mins away from the centre. will you  continuing on with the mid associate class?  i have heard a few bits and . pieces bout the audition, froggy legs, banana backs etc.  if not successful though im sure it will be a good experience  and practice for her exam the week after.  she certainly doesnt seem worried about it.

• Like 1

My advice is to not stress about it as my dd got very uptight and worried but when she came out she said she enjoyed the experience and it was like a normal lesson for her, we got a no but this time she is just going to chill out and have fun :) plus empty my purse in the bullring!! They seem to be looking for body shapes as my dd friend got in last year and she said they all tend to look the same so tell her not to worry just enjoy it and smile x

• Like 1

She said it was like a normal ballet class galloping and stretching and the teacher asked them to stretch in different positions a d it was all basic ballet things nothing that they haven't done before and don't worry about splits because her friend got in and she can't do them they also want to see how they enjoy ballet x