Angela

News from Germany, Austria, Switzerland

Good news from Berlin: the newspaper B.Z. reports that Sasha Waltz and Johannes Öhman intend to bring back the old Nutcracker from Malakhov's times, the reconstruction by Yuri Burlaka and Vasily Medvedev; already in their first season 2018/19.  Nacho Duato had replaced it by his own Nutcracker.

They should also bring back the lost MacMillan- Concerto, Anastasia One Act, do a deal with ENB to share his SB (ditch the Duato), add one other Mac work (Gloria/Elite/Winter Dreams). They can revive Sylvia and add another Ashton (beg whoever  - Symphonic, Month, Dream, Monotones - don't care!), one MacGregor, ditch all but one or two  older Duato pieces, polish up their Ratmansky/Millepied/Forsythe and others. They've got Onegin, they could reintroduce Manon, look to the new Americans for new blood. So depressed that the Unter den Linden Opera house is reopening with Duato's R&J. I know it's one of his best works, and I've seen some good clips but...oh dear....why?....

Edited by Vanartus
Typo

49 minutes ago, Vanartus said:

They should also bring back the lost MacMillan- Concerto, Anastasia One Act, do a deal with ENB to share his SB (ditch the Duato), add one other Mac work (Gloria/Elite/Winter Dreams). They can revive Sylvia and add another Ashton (beg whoever  - Symphonic, Month, Dream, Monotones - don't care!)

I wonder how many of these pieces Sasha Waltz has really seen on stage... 

50 minutes ago, Vanartus said:

And yes...I kept my Brexit promise and I've moved to Berlin 😉

Two hours by train to Hamburg or Dresden! :D

It has been announced on the Staatsoper website that Yonah Acosta is now dancing Petruccio in the Taming of the Shrew (first night) on 28th September in Munich. He replaces Osiel Gouneo who is injured.

Edited by capybara

But wouldn't you expect that, Lilian88? I'm not wishing to detract from the achievements of any of those dancers  but Alison Kent is based in Munich.

Other Munich news. Laurretta Summerscales, having learned and danced Nikiya in only 5 days, is now scheduled to dance Alice ( a massive role) this coming Sunday. Amazing!

2 hours ago, Lilian88 said:

The critic's choice of this year for Dance Europe Magazine!

One of many critics, assuming they are still operating on the same basis.