'Mao's Last Dancer'

As far as I know (and someone will surely correct me I'm wrong) we’re still waiting to see ‘Mao’s Last Dancer’, but – hunting around for ‘Argo’ at a watchable time - I’ve discovered that it is actually showing here in London this week at one venue -. the Tricycle Cinema (7328 1000) in Kilburn High Road, at 20.15 on Tuesday 22nd . It was also shown last week (one performance only) in Looe, Cornwall - this may mean that it has now been released in the UK and will be shown erratically at other cinemas.

• Like 1

Janet, I stand corrected - and I thought I'd got such a scoop - sigh! I'm surprised, though, given the several enquiries here over the past few years, that nobody reported any of the earlier showings you mention. This leads me to think they must have been inadequately advertised - shouldda gone to Ballet.co!

Bill, sorry you can't make it tomorrow, but keep checking on the link below, either by film title or by cinema (I’ve just discovered this wonderful site - probably everybody else knows about it already).

http://www.londonnet...nema/index.html

Edited by Janet McNulty
Edted to increase font size

I'm having a "showing" of my bluray Mao's Last Dancer for a couple of friends when my hubby goes away with work in a fortnight. I bought it a while ago on-line and haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Small front room - sorry I can't fit anyone else in ;-)

• Like 1

Ann, my guess is that your cursor was probably hovering over one of those icons on the left-hand side of the second line of the editing toolbar when you started typing, and consequently has put it all in subscript or superscript. It does it to me sometimes!

Thanks for the cinema link : I'll have a better look at it, and if it seems useful will put it in the "ballet in cinema" thread too. My usual way of finding whether a specific film is on is to use the Time Out London website: put in the film name, and it'll tell you where your nearest showing is - even if it happens to be in Aberdeen!

Argo is well worth seeing, BTW. It even managed to overcome my usual aversion to Ben Affleck. Oh, and look, it's even showing at the Apollo Piccadilly (at a price), which I clicked on at random.

Thanks, Alison. Re. Ben Affleck, I too have an aversion to him but whatever it is about him that puts me off is obviously covered by that beard - he should keep it!

I really had no idea that MLD had had some UK showings before, and I definitely missed the references to the Barbican showings, hence my belief that I had stumbled on a real scoop - sadly not, but hopefully it will be news to at least some here.