Royal Ballet Lower School Auditions 2013

tutucute22

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be interested to hear what they say about results letters - you usually hear the following week, but the final auditions are usually on consecutive days - this time, with them being a week apart, I suspect they'll wait until after the second lot of auditions (there's a certain amount of flexibility in the boarding arrangements between the years).

well we are home from boys finals and no yr 7s got called back in! My son seems happy and enjoyed the day so thats the main thing! In our letters they say that we will hear by post the next week! Fingers crossed now!!

• Like 3

How do some of you feel, my youngest grandaughter auditions next week for year 7. I know I should be desperate for her to succeed and gain a place at WL and of course I am for her as she really wants it. It's the other side of things I'm concerned at, such as the family life she could miss out on, eg events that happen in all families, and feel a bit scared that she could maybe grow up and lose touch like a "normal" child would go to their local school etc etc. I'm not paranoid about it, it just crosses my mind that's all. I'd welcome your thoughts on this please? 

Ooooh where to start! It is such a big sacrifice in many ways for both children and families going to vocational school at such a young age .It is easy to get caught up in the rollercoaster excitement of auditions without fulling realising the impact on the whole family if DCs dream really does come true.The DC has to really want it to make it in the harsh reality of ballet school  away from family, friends and pets.As being currently commented on another thread the chance of succeeding into a ballet company at the end of the day is slim.My DD often visits her local dance school when home and catches up with some of her local friends but with different holidays these friends inevitably move on to some degree.Its hard also for parents to see their child grow up away from home when previously parental involvement in the day to day lives and dancing lives of their children was much greater.As has been recently stated on another thread most children at ballet school have much more limited performance opportunities than through their local dance schools.Home time however seems more precious to my DD now .I still feel like a taxi service but more at weekends now with more evenings free to sit by the phone hoping for a call.

All in all I would be careful what you wish for  as your DC's dream may just come true.

All the best to those waiting to see which direction their dancing aspirations are about to take them.

• Like 1

I can't post a link from my phone but there's a long thread called something about sacrificing childhood to ballet training - please continue the discussion there and keep this one for audition news and discussions.

Glad you'll hear soon - I'll never forget waiting for our letter and getting it a day later than everyone else (well, all the people I knew to ask at the time!). Agonising and I was ready to drive to RBS to pick up a copy - and then I virtually pounced on the postman!!

Very excited for a couple of days and then the fear set in ;-)

• Like 4

How do some of you feel, my youngest grandaughter auditions next week for year 7. I know I should be desperate for her to succeed and gain a place at WL and of course I am for her as she really wants it. It's the other side of things I'm concerned at, such as the family life she could miss out on, eg events that happen in all families, and feel a bit scared that she could maybe grow up and lose touch like a "normal" child would go to their local school etc etc. I'm not paranoid about it, it just crosses my mind that's all. I'd welcome your thoughts on this please? 

Here's the thread I mentioned:

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/2992-sacrificing-childhood-to-ballet/

Good luck to everyone waiting - hopefully you'll have news one way or the other by tomorrow

• Like 1

post just arrived its a big yes for white lodge for ds for yr 7. I cannot believe it, its exactly 2 years since his first ever ballet lesson. Hope you all get good news

Many congratulations theodore! :-)