Merce Cunningham centennial

• 4 weeks later...

I thought we had a dedicated thread for this already, but perhaps not [apparently not, so I've moved the above post in here too], so:

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 14:17, Lynette H said:

The Barbican's Night of 100 Solos on Tues April 16th, celebrating Merce Cunningham,  will be live streamed. 

Dancers taking part in London include: Luke Ahmet, Harry Alexander, Elly Braund, Siobhan Davies, Inés Depauw, Daphne Fernberger, Jonathan Goddard, Asha Gracia, Thomasin Gülgeç, Francesca Hayward, Hannah Kidd, Catherine LeGrand, Sophie Martin, Estela Merlos, Mbulelo Ndabeni, Michael Nunn, Rowan Parker, Elsa Raymond, Joseph Sissens, Beatriz Stix-Brunell, Toke Strandby, Asha Thomas, Billy Trevitt, Luc Verbitzky, and Benjamin Warbis.

Details here

https://www.barbican.org.uk/whats-on/2019/event/night-of-100-solos-a-centennial-event

1 hour ago, Richard LH said:

No longer live, but this is still currently available -  I don't know for how long. https://www.mercecunningham.org/activities/night-of-100-solos/

Rather an eccentric  90 minutes,  I thought, more to do with stasis than the sort of flowing ballet movement I prefer.  I also believe dance works best with recognisable music, rather than random scratchy noises !  The work gave little expression of human emotion or  interaction, making it difficult to feel empathy.  

I most enjoyed seeing the pink  RB team, particularly Ms Hayward's umbrella dance and longer solo (yes, she is finally back!) ,  the striking Ms Stix-Brunell, and the powerful, adept, and  up-and-coming Mr Sissens.

24 minutes ago, Lynette H said:

The live stream events for the Cunningham centennial can all be accessed from here

https://www.mercecunningham.org/activities/night-of-100-solos/

Includes the performances in New York and Los Angeles as well as the London performance. 

Dancers in New York

Kyle Abraham, Christian Allen, Mariah Anton (understudy), Reid Bartelme, Jacqueline Bulnes, Cecily Campbell, Peiju Chien-Pott, Maggie Cloud, Jason Collins, Marc Crousillat, Angela Falk, Peter Farrow (understudy), Tamisha Guy, Jacquelin Harris, Forrest Hersey, Eleanor Hullihan, Shayla-Vie Jenkins, Claude “CJ” Johnson, Lindsey Jones, Sara Mearns, Sharon Milanese, Chalvar Monteiro, David Norsworthy, Keith Sabado, Vicky Shick, Joshua Tuason, and Anson Zwingelberg

Dancers in Los Angeles

Paige Amicon, Cemiyon Barber (understudy), Barry Brannum, Lorrin Brubaker, Rena Butler, Tamsin Carlson, Erin Dowd, Katherine Helen Fisher, Joshua Guillemot-Rodgerson, Casey Hess, Thomas House, Laurel Jenkins, Burr Johnson, Vanessa Knouse, Cori Kresge, Brian Lawson, Jessica Liu, Victor Lozano, Una Ludviksen (understudy), Daniel McCusker, Polly Motley, Jermaine Maurice Spivey, Savannah Spratt, Pam Tanowitz, Ros Warby, Riley Watts, and Sam Wentz

I think this is available for one week. 

• alison changed the title to Merce Cunningham centennial
  • 1 year later...

14 hours ago, Bruce Wall said:

The Merce Cunningham Trust features a programme of streams of seventeen full-length performances of a variety of Cunningham's most notable work as part of the Cunningham Centennial Celebration. A new work is posted every few days and shall remain available for approximately one month.