Tutu from DHgate

Mummy twinkle toes

This is a Chinese website. A word of caution - I have always been ripped off when ordering from China to the extent that I won’t buy anymore from them. My daughters are both small yet if they have bought clothes on a Chinese website, they are far too small and shoddy. 

11 minutes ago, Fiz said:

This is a Chinese website. A word of caution - I have always been ripped off when ordering from China to the extent that I won’t buy anymore from them. My daughters are both small yet if they have bought clothes on a Chinese website, they are far too small and shoddy. 

I did wonder if there could be an issue.

I have ordered practice ballet skirt (not tutu) for a photo shoot. I didn't want to spend too much so found one on dhgate...after waiting ages for it to come, they sent me wrong size. I was so exhausted by the email exchange with the seller who did spoke only basic english that i have just gave up on returning the item and asking for refund or replacement.

• Like 1

Be careful :) This is a trading platform for different suppliers. Beware of low prices to entice you in, suppliers also use photos that may not be what you receive. I’ve seen Ainsliewear photos used to sell leotards from China and their leotards are ONLY made in Canada. 

Sizing is bizarre and finish quality can be awful ;) 

• Like 2

There are a few sellers similar to this that advertise tutus made by established tutu makers in the UK and worldwide. The tutu you receive is a poorly copied version of the tutu pictured when you order and also for a very cheap price. 

I’m not saying this is definitely one of these sites but be very cautious. You get what you pay for and these look very cheap to me. 

There are some very good honest tutu makers in the UK, you would be better off ordering from one of them. You’ll also get a much better fit if it’s made to measure and you have fittings in person. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mummy twinkle toes said:

Thanks everyone. Dd1 in a comp. We have a professional tutu but is a little snug so wanted a back up just in case. I have decided against the DHgate one.

Perhaps consider a hire tutu from Just Ballet??

Heather

aka Taximom