Sign in to follow this  
zxDaveM

Darcey leaves Strictly

I would not watch if this nonentity becomes a judge. 

• Like 1

Karen Hardy, Camilla Dallerup and Oti (don't know surname) are the 3 ladies I keep hearing being mentioned as being in the running for it. All 3 infinitely better than Cheryl.

• Like 3

But don’t forget Cheryl was in the Royal Ballet....🤣

• Like 5

5 hours ago, 2dancersmum said:

Karen Hardy, Camilla Dallerup and Oti (don't know surname) are the 3 ladies I keep hearing being mentioned as being in the running for it.

Oti Mabuse.

• Like 1

I'd be happy for Bonny Langford as she is a professional and would bring a different aspect to dance other than ballroom like Darcey did.

• Like 4

I think Bonnie Langford would be a good choice.  She certainly has an enormous wealth of experience in all forms of dance.  

• Like 2

It's being reported widely in the tabloid press that BBC bosses want Carlos Acosta to replace Darcey!

Here's one report:  https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/strictly-bosses-want-ballet-star-14389193

Given that he is taking over at BRB and continuing with his company and school in Cuba how could this possibly work???

• Like 6

I can't see Carlos putting up with antics of some of the other judges.   He would take the whole thing seriously which is not want the BBC seems to want these days.

• Like 3

Has anyone asked Carlos Acosta what he wants to do? I imagine it’s more of a BBC wishlist that a fact.

• Like 3

On 18/04/2019 at 20:50, penelopesimpson said:

Anyone (well, almost) but Bonnie Langford.  I know she is a trouper and all that but my she is irritating.

I've heard a lot of people say this about Bonnie Langford, and  find it a bit puzzling.  As far as I am aware, she hasn't actually appeared that much on television, has she?  I think of her primarily as a stage actress.  The last thing I can remember seeing her in on tv was the Just William series when she was a child.  Goodness she was irritating in that, but then Violet Elizabeth Bott was meant to be!

I met her once, and found her to be extremely charming.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fonty said:

I've heard a lot of people say this about Bonnie Langford, and  find it a bit puzzling.  As far as I am aware, she hasn't actually appeared that much on television, has she?  I think of her primarily as a stage actress.  The last thing I can remember seeing her in on tv was the Just William series when she was a child.  Goodness she was irritating in that, but then Violet Elizabeth Bott was meant to be!

I met her once, and found her to be extremely charming.  

She was a contestant in Dancing on Ice one year and, I thought, came over very well.

I've also seen her on chat shows and such like and she, again, came over very well.

I think she has recently been in Eastenders too.

I rather suspect the "annoying" tag relates to her as a precious child star, including Violet Elizabeth rather than recent years but it is always hard to shake off a "tag" once given.