Royal Ballet Mid Associates

GBC

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Diva05 said:

Does anyone know which year the two London SWL offers were for? 

2 SWL places have been given to Y7 boys.

My son got a Y7 MA place in London and of the four spaces 2 were from his JA class and two went on to vocational training with other schools, so two spaces became available.

The Y8 boys places in London are all full according to a Y8 MA mum I spoke to in April.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me what time the MA classes take place in Manchester please? My dd has been offered a place from SWL and I’m just trying to work out if we can accept due to other commitments. Thank you 😊 

21 hours ago, Eowyn said:

Can anyone tell me what time the MA classes take place in Manchester please? My dd has been offered a place from SWL and I’m just trying to work out if we can accept due to other commitments. Thank you 😊 

Hi @Eowyn

Congrats on getting the SWL.

Mid associates start at 10:15 on a Saturday morning and finish at 12:45. Some of the girls get there for 10:00 to start warm-ups early.

DD has just applied for year 6 JA place after a no for Year5 and a wait list for WL SI. Anticipating a no, but having seen so much improvement in her over the past year, I'm just after advice about RBS MA's for Year 7. I realise the number of centres reduces but does this mean it's harder to gain a place or is there a natural attention rate with children not pursuing dance as keenly? Do most MA places go to RBS JA's? Does anybody have a child who joined MAs without being a JA who has a view on this? TIA x

• Like 1

I Know o

6 hours ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

DD has just applied for year 6 JA place after a no for Year5 and a wait list for WL SI. Anticipating a no, but having seen so much improvement in her over the past year, I'm just after advice about RBS MA's for Year 7. I realise the number of centres reduces but does this mean it's harder to gain a place or is there a natural attention rate with children not pursuing dance as keenly? Do most MA places go to RBS JA's? Does anybody have a child who joined MAs without being a JA who has a view on this? TIA x

We have a friend who’s a London MA without being a JA and one who’s starting Newcastle this September.  another friend turned down Newcastle MA after not being a JA (she went to vocational school instead).... definitely possible! 

There are plenty mid associates who have never been JA’s ( mine included), but you need to be super confident at the audition as the JA’s will have already rehearsed ( to a degree) what they will be asked to do. It’s not a difficult audition though and my Dd had only been dancing less than 2 years.

3 minutes ago, valentina said:

There are plenty mid associates who have never been JA’s ( mine included), but you need to be super confident at the audition as the JA’s will have already rehearsed ( to a degree) what they will be asked to do. It’s not a difficult audition though and my Dd had only been dancing less than 2 years.

Thank you and well done your DD. Do you know if the numbers shrink at this stage with lots of JAs not getting places to continue?

Yes. I don’t know the exact numbers but they greatly reduce for mids and then again for senior associates, so you are left with very few who started from the beginning with JA’s.

i think if you look in another  mid associate thread, someone quoted the exact percentages but maybe I’m dreaming!

11 hours ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

Hi yes my DD did she wasn’t a JA but offered a MA place from waiting list. Don’t loose faith xx🤞 good luck to your dd