Royal Ballet Mid Associates

GBC

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all Iā€™m new to all this balletĀ stuff! At white lodge now in car for my son to watch Easter Intensive. We got SWL for mid associates and a place on summer Intensive after a wait list. Do mid associates places come up ??!! Has anyone got one before the October 1st cut off from being on SWL?!Ā 

2 hours ago, AMP said:

Well done to all those of the SWL.Ā  Ā It was a no for my DD.Ā  She has been on SWL previously.Ā  I am sure she will want to go through this all again next year! xxĀ 

Ā 

Yes, my dd's first reaction to our email was, 'Well, I'll try again next year all the same!'

4 hours ago, Chitster said:

Hi all Iā€™m new to all this balletĀ stuff! At white lodge now in car for my son to watch Easter Intensive. We got SWL for mid associates and a place on summer Intensive after a wait list. Do mid associates places come up ??!! Has anyone got one before the October 1st cut off from being on SWL?!Ā 

Yes, waiting lists for MA do come up. Back in 2017 my DD was offered a Mids place in May after being on waiting list.

On 11/04/2019 at 08:30, AuditionIngenu said:

We are declining our MidsĀ offer for London. My dd is going to vocational school.Ā I do feel strongly that associate places should go to children who canā€™t go,Ā for whatever reason, to vocational schools. I accept itā€™s a tough, competitive business but I still think we can support, encourage and drive our children forward and yet still consider the whole community of children who are just as committed to dance.Ā 

Congratulations to everyone who got places now and are on the swl. May it be good news for those waiting very soon. Xx

Thatā€™s a really lovely thing to say @AuditionIngenu.

All but one of the girls, (who has been offered WL)Ā at my sons JA centre,Ā are all on SWL.

They are all have the potential to become beautiful dancers.Ā 

For me the Associate program is most definitely about those children, like my son, who cannot undertake residential vocational training. šŸ’•

Ā 

• Like 2

On 11/04/2019 at 13:06, Katia05 said:

Yes, my dd's first reaction to our email was, 'Well, I'll try again next year all the same!'

Hi Katia05. My dd didnā€™t get offered a JA or even SWL last June and has just been offered Mids so that just shows you how things change. All you can ask from a child is that they pick themselves up with your help and get back to the barre. I am learning that resilience is all in this game. Xx

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AuditionIngenu said:

Hi Katia05. My dd didnā€™t get offered a JA or even SWL last June and has just been offered Mids so that just shows you how things change. All you can ask from a child is that they pick themselves up with your help and get back to the barre. I am learning that resilience is all in this game. Xx

Thanks for the encouragement, AuditionIngenu! You're absolutely right. And huge congrats to your dd - she must be thrilled to bits!x

On 11/04/2019 at 08:30, AuditionIngenu said:

We are declining our MidsĀ offer for London. My dd is going to vocational school.Ā I do feel strongly that associate places should go to children who canā€™t go,Ā for whatever reason, to vocational schools. I accept itā€™s a tough, competitive business but I still think we can support, encourage and drive our children forward and yet still consider the whole community of children who are just as committed to dance.Ā 

Congratulations to everyone who got places now and are on the swl. May it be good news for those waiting very soon. Xx

Also, it's lovely news that she got vocational school. Ā Where was she offered a place šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰

On 11/04/2019 at 19:08, Peanut68 said:

Good to hear about the Summer Intensive place coming up off waitlist (still hoping here!!) and best of luck for aĀ MA place becomingĀ available for your DS!

Thank you - yes was good about Summer so itā€™s true places pop up too! Good luck your end!Ā 

On 11/04/2019 at 13:04, Chitster said:

Yes it does happen

we know someone who got an MA place from SWL and we know a little girl who got a summer course place at WL from SWL because someone dropped out last minute through injury

36 minutes ago, Proudmumofdd said:

Yes it does happen

we know someone who got an MA place from SWL and we know a little girl who got a summer course place at WL from SWL because someone dropped out last minute through injury

The vocational schools have their induction days next month, so there is likely to be a bit of movement on the MA waiting list after that as people feel sure enough to give up their plan B!Ā Fingers crossed for everyone on SWL.

My Dd got Year 5 JA SWL

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Year 6 JA No

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Year 7 finals and SWL

Now Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Year 8 MA SWL!Ā 

Ā 

Never got a place before!! Crossing everything in the hope perhaps this year is her lucky year!! X

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...