Royal Ballet Mid Associates

GBC

3 minutes ago, For the love of Grace said:

What does it mean! We were also asked if we could do another centre but closest is Birmingham! 2hours away!!

It means you re with the lucky few in line if a place becomes available.. im assuming they liked your DC if they offered you a different centre as well 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, For the love of Grace said:

What does it mean! We were also asked if we could do another centre but closest is Birmingham! 2hours away!!

It means she did extremely well.  They obviously liked her and she is suitable to be in Mids, they just don't have a space to offer her, she should be celebrating and feeling very pleased with herself xx 

• Like 1

Just now, AMP said:

I guess it will be tomorrow now at the earliest x

Almost certain to be a no for year 9, but off to the ROH in the evening to see Romeo and Juliet with dd so could be good timing for cheering up!! Never been before, so can't wait! Good luck to all still waiting! :) 

• Like 1

For those on any short waiting lists, it's worth noting that there's often movement between now and the end of the academic year as full-time vocational spaces become available or existing associates leave (for many reasons).

2 years ago, my DD was put on the RBS Mids short waiting list and a place was found later on.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Kat105 said:

Just out of interest, does anyone have an idea  how long is the waiting list usually? Thank you x

They normally last until October. If a place is not available before then, they will need to reapply for the next year.

3 hours ago, Ms Sunshine said:

We delined our swl place for London as my dd off to Elmhurst 😁

We are declining our Mids offer for London. My dd is going to vocational school. I do feel strongly that associate places should go to children who can’t go, for whatever reason, to vocational schools. I accept it’s a tough, competitive business but I still think we can support, encourage and drive our children forward and yet still consider the whole community of children who are just as committed to dance. 

Congratulations to everyone who got places now and are on the swl. May it be good news for those waiting very soon. Xx

• Like 12

We are London SWL. I am crossing everything. Well done to your DD. We are not at a vocational school and DD would love to get a place but never happens.This is 3rd SWL we have been on!!! Been to finals and spring/summer course but think our luck is all run out!!!! Not sure we can go through this again!! Well done to everyone that got places and to the rest of us with fab children that keep peservering!!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Dancer123 said:

We are London SWL. I am crossing everything. Well done to your DD. We are not at a vocational school and DD would love to get a place but never happens.This is 3rd SWL we have been on!!! Been to finals and spring/summer course but think our luck is all run out!!!! Not sure we can go through this again!! Well done to everyone that got places and to the rest of us with fab children that keep peservering!!

Good luck Dancer123. I really hope this is your turn to get off the wait list and enjoy an associate position. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻. Let us know what happens. Xx

• Like 2