Mds siblings query

Farawaydancer

I’ve been trying to find out this information from all the schools but none of them will give me a straight answer so I’m hoping someone on here has been in the same position!  

If you have two dc at different schools both with mds is there some sort of deduction so that you don’t pay the equivalent of two full mds contributions? If they were both at the same school I’ve been told there is a reduction but no one seemed to be able to tell me what would happen if they were at different schools. At the moment the query is redundant because we’re waiting on reserve list places but would still be nice to know. 

If both children are on MDS you do get a discount, doesn’t matter if they are in the same school or not. You will need to fill in an MDS form each year, one for each child and there is a question about other siblings on MDS. Mine DC ended up in the same school but were offered places at 2 schools and I asked at both and got 2 confirmations of a discount. 

I have been told no discount other than they deduct the usual sibling amount from your earnings for each means test but that would be just as if one in is in vocational and one in no vocational. Would be interested to hear if this is t the case. 

6 hours ago, Happymum said:

If both children are on MDS you do get a discount, doesn’t matter if they are in the same school or not. You will need to fill in an MDS form each year, one for each child and there is a question about other siblings on MDS. Mine DC ended up in the same school but were offered places at 2 schools and I asked at both and got 2 confirmations of a discount. 

Thank you. I’m hoping this is what will happen!