Central accommodation upper school

skippysheep

Hi. My ds has got into central and is looking for accommodation. Looked at liberty plaza and liberty house and he would like to share a room with someone in liberty house. Nice place and convenient. 

Is anyone looking and also alternatively does anyone want a lodger! He's clean and polite!

Advice please. Thank you

Here's an older thread that may still contain information that is of use:

I've added tags Central and Accommodation to the top of the thread and it may be useful to have a search on those.  There are also some posts about accommodation on the Questions about Upper Schools thread but you will have to look through it to find them.

I have posted on this forum previously but leave it here too. I am happy to be host family for dance student as my DD is currently studying overseas and i have free single room in Central London (SE1) whether on short summer/ easter school basis or long term. Safe, clean, pet free (just fish tank), can provide meals (i cook for me every day), very central and bus ride to Central, Royal, short tube ride to ENB etc. 
Can pm more details. 

• Like 2

My dd  (16 in August) will be starting at Central in September too and we are looking at accomodation options - we live overseas so this is a bit daunting 🙂  Is anyone considering IQ Paris Gardens next to new school and would consider sharing?

Regarding Liberty House - is this the one on Sebastian Street - anyone booking this?

I would really like her to live somewhere where other Central students will be lodging so that she will know people at the boarding house too and they can commute together.  Any tips and help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

8 minutes ago, Pas de bourrée said:

My dd  (16 in August) will be starting at Central in September too and we are looking at accomodation options - we live overseas so this is a bit daunting 🙂  Is anyone considering IQ Paris Gardens next to new school and would consider sharing?

Regarding Liberty House - is this the one on Sebastian Street - anyone booking this?

I would really like her to live somewhere where other Central students will be lodging so that she will know people at the boarding house too and they can commute together.  Any tips and help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Will Pm you. 

• Like 1

Liberty house at St John street. We didn't look at Sebastian st. DS hated liberty plaza and IQ I think will be too expensive. Rooms were larger at LHSt John. Very quiet road too even though it was peak time when we visited.

Staff lovely. I think there are some other students going to LHSt John.  Please can parents let me know what they decide?

We went yesterday to take a look around the student accommodation My dd and her friend loved Liberty plaza, staff very welcoming, facilities excellent it’s a little bit further out but in a great location and we all decided Liberty house St. John street was very compact and not right for them.

IQ Paris Gardens currently you have to be 18 but I spoke to them this morning and this is being looked into as central is moving next door they should have an update by the end of the week, also it’s a bit more expensive.

• Like 1

IQ is wonderfully situated but quite expensive. DS wants to have a short commute, preferably on shanks pony to save money so unless IQ do something amazing we will be booking liberty house st John street. Thank you very much for your input. I guess a lot of them will be spending time in each others places anyway!!

On 06/04/2019 at 21:18, sarahw said:

Flexynexy you should start your own thread. I'm sure your room will be snapped up!

i was not sure i was allowed to post it here but will do. The room is empty, great location and i am experienced ballet mum to deal with daily dance teen issues :-)

Congratulations to all who have gained places at Central for the next part of your dance journey. My daughter is a current Year 1 student there and loving every minute. I would advise you book accommodation asap as rooms go fast. We rebooked for 2019/20 last November! Most people seem to live at Plaza, St John St or Herbal Hill Studios so there's always someone to travel with. We have not been given a definite date for the move to Paris Gardens though which may affect your decisions. Good luck everyone. It's a stressful time but this forum is great for putting minds at rest! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, 

I’m resurrecting this thread to get some more up to date information please.

Where do most students at Central tend to live now that the school has relocated to its new site ?
We are considering options for our DS who is 16 and has been very lucky to be offered a place. 
We’d like him to be in halls with other Central students but we’re not sure which is the most popular. 
He’d also be happy to consider sharing a room with another male central student if there’s anybody out there interested?😊 . He’s very much still considering everything but as a starting point we’d be really happy to hear from other students planning to study at Central later this year.

many thanks 

Hi everyone. I am new here, although have visited the forum a few times over the last few months and found the comments very helpful.  My DD is a Central associate and has an offer for Central full time for Sept 21 too. She is keen to be with other Central students so we have booked a visit to Drapery Place and Walmsley Studios as these are mentioned in this thread. She would also consider private rental with one or two other girls as this seems significantly cheaper.  If anyone else's DC is definitely going to accept a place in Sept it would be really good to hear from you - as DD doesn't know of anyone yet.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ballet parent said:

Hi everyone. I am new here, although have visited the forum a few times over the last few months and found the comments very helpful.  My DD is a Central associate and has an offer for Central full time for Sept 21 too. She is keen to be with other Central students so we have booked a visit to Drapery Place and Walmsley Studios as these are mentioned in this thread. She would also consider private rental with one or two other girls as this seems significantly cheaper.  If anyone else's DC is definitely going to accept a place in Sept it would be really good to hear from you - as DD doesn't know of anyone yet.  

I've never posted to this site, so not sure how to PM you.  Would be interested to know how you got on visiting them.  Are they a little bit further out?  

39 minutes ago, Love-dance said:

I've never posted to this site, so not sure how to PM you.  Would be interested to know how you got on visiting them.  Are they a little bit further out?  

Hi Love-dance. We are due to visit Drapery Place and Walmsley Studios the week of 12th and I will let you know how we get on (I too need to work out how to PM!). Both are a relatively short commute (by London standards) from the new premises - Walmsley Studios are a bit closer but it seems Drapery Place is the more popular from the info my DD has gleaned from attending associates (although this may change with the move). With Drapery Place students can have their own room with ensuite within a flat of 4 or 6 students which my DD likes the idea of, but we need to find others who are up for sharing. Also haven't ruled out private rental. 

I went to look at some of them.  I am basing this on Central's current premises in Clerkenwell as I don't think they will move yet... although I really wish they will.

Walmsley is smaller and therefore felt they would be looked after more.  It is 5 minutes away from studios. Looked at 1 person, basic and mid rooms. There is a very small difference but not noticeable on sizes between basic and mid.  The lady said if they are in first year then these sizes are fine as delux/gold are too much as they dont stay in much. My DD didn't like the bathroom as extremely small, like a caravan, all plastic where things would get wet.  Very friendly and clean.

Drapery Place formerly Plaza.... again by Unite.  A lot bigger place overall.  Saw single rooms and they are a bit bigger with table for food and table for working. Bathroom much better also. However its 45 minute walk and they do have long days at Central. Tube we didn't do as walked, but tube would be Farringdon to Aldgate East, 3 stops, 8/9 minutes plus a little walking time. Again friendly and clean.

Paris Gardens.  Saw this but didn't go in as they emailed to say they are not taking bookings for 2021/22 due to refurbishment.  Looks nice, a quiet area and only 25 minute walk.

My DD prefers Drapery but I would like to see if there's anything closer. Hope this helps specially if you live outside UK.... would be interested in other people's thoughts and places. 

8 minutes ago, Love-dance said:

I went to look at some of them.  I am basing this on Central's current premises in Clerkenwell as I don't think they will move yet... although I really wish they will.

Walmsley is smaller and therefore felt they would be looked after more.  It is 5 minutes away from studios. Looked at 1 person, basic and mid rooms. There is a very small difference but not noticeable on sizes between basic and mid.  The lady said if they are in first year then these sizes are fine as delux/gold are too much as they dont stay in much. My DD didn't like the bathroom as extremely small, like a caravan, all plastic where things would get wet.  Very friendly and clean.

Drapery Place formerly Plaza.... again by Unite.  A lot bigger place overall.  Saw single rooms and they are a bit bigger with table for food and table for working. Bathroom much better also. However its 45 minute walk and they do have long days at Central. Tube we didn't do as walked, but tube would be Farringdon to Aldgate East, 3 stops, 8/9 minutes plus a little walking time. Again friendly and clean.

Paris Gardens.  Saw this but didn't go in as they emailed to say they are not taking bookings for 2021/22 due to refurbishment.  Looks nice, a quiet area and only 25 minute walk.

My DD prefers Drapery but I would like to see if there's anything closer. Hope this helps specially if you live outside UK.... would be interested in other people's thoughts and places. 

Thanks Love-dance. That's really helpful.  I will report back too after our visit tomorrow.

My DS is a first year and he lives at Surrey Quays Landale House (Homes for Students) This will be two stops on the Jubilee Line to the new place and it's less than 5 minutes walk to the tube station. At the moment it's around 35 to 45 minutes (tube and walk to Clerkenwell. Rooms are a decent size and they a few different sizes to choose from including ensuite. Big shopping centre 5 minutes walk away. 

2 minutes ago, dancingboy65 said:

My DS is a first year and he lives at Surrey Quays Landale House (Homes for Students) This will be two stops on the Jubilee Line to the new place and it's less than 5 minutes walk to the tube station. At the moment it's around 35 to 45 minutes (tube and walk to Clerkenwell. Rooms are a decent size and they a few different sizes to choose from including ensuite. Big shopping centre 5 minutes walk away. 

Thank you so much. Will have a look. 

• Like 1