Hammond Funding Results

Janey

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/04/2019 at 13:24, Bothballet said:

From our experience this year bursaries offered are means tested so it would be unlikely that it would work out a better option then the MDS x

That is not true. We have turned down an MDS and taken up a bursary offer instead as it works out better for us financially.  I am hoping some other lovely little dancer will now get an offer from the reserve list!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Balletmummy28 said:

That is not true. We have turned down an MDS and taken up a bursary offer instead as it works out better for us financially.  I am hoping some other lovely little dancer will now get an offer from the reserve list!

I have pm’d you. Apologies if I have misled anyone else but I am only talking from our experience this year.

The number of MDS places varies year by year and often depends on how many Year 11's who will be leaving are in receipt of an MDS. The year my dd joined I know that 7 MDS were given out in Year 7 but by the time she reached Year 11 new students had joined who were given an MDS.

A couple of years ago there were approx 40 children at finals/on the funding list and 14 MDS available (of which year 7 got most but year 10 got some too) but that was a high year.  I beleive (anecdotal only though) that this year is a lower year in terms of number of MDS available and I don't kow how many were on the finals list (taking note that Year 10 entrants don't attend finals)

• Like 1

Hello, @PenguinBoysMum there were 52 children on ‘the list’ 31 were a combination of years 7 & 8. I think 24 year 7 and the rest Y8. It does appear that the number of MDS this year is lower, just as @Picturesinthefirelight said. As an absolute guesstimate, I thought 6 awards??

So, the children that have been lucky to get them, have done incredibly well. They should be so so proud to have achieved the awards and congratulations to all. As a dance community, it so nice to see the success stories.

As a parent who has a child on reserve list, I wish there had been more to go round this year. But I know that I am not the only one in this situation. 

Can I just say a huge well done to all the little dancers that met the standard for vocational training and were offered places, but for reasons relating to funding won’t get there this year. They danced their hearts out and have done amazing well. Our little dancers have done us proud ❤️.

And for the parents out there that have well and truly been ‘through it’ these past few weeks, it’s been lovely to chat to you all online and to support each other. So thank you to this forum for that opportunity. 

• Like 3

Wow! I didn't realise there were so few funded places available. 

I feel even more shocked and proud that DS was lucky enough to receive one. 

7 hours ago, Mrs Butterfly said:

Can I just say a huge well done to all the little dancers that met the standard for vocational training and were offered places, but for reasons relating to funding won’t get there this year. They danced their hearts out and have done amazing well. Our little dancers have done us proud ❤️ .

Totally agree with this and just want to say to all those DC, keep trying, never give up. It may not have been your time this time but it will be one day, just like DS ❤

• Like 2

On 11/04/2019 at 07:42, Farawaydancer said:

There were 52 on the ‘list’ and 59 considered for MDS so I came to the conclusion that there were 7 awards to be given this year.  This fits with what we know about the current y11 too. No idea how many applied in total though. 

There are many more MDS year 11 students leaving this year.  Not sure why only 6/7 offered. Is this accurate do you know?