Ballet Black -- Pendulum, Click! and Ingoma (and more)

So I’m on a plane to a place called London on my way to St. Petersburg for a ballet Festival. A voice comes on the voice system and says, “This is Captain Ian speaking and you must see Ballet Black.”

Because you can get into trouble not telling the truth, the truth is here. I went based on this recommendation. Thank you, Ian.

(second comment from the top)

http://www.balletcoforum.com/topic/19150-best-performances-of-2018/

I’m still traveling so this is a very limited comment. Maybe I can do better by them at another time.

From a ballet point of view, this group is hip, has class, intelligence, soul and message. A young dancer sitting next to me added that they’ve got the whole dance vocabulary covered. Actually I may have just covered everything.

I saw Pendulum, Click! and Ingoma and enjoyed them all very much.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, zxDaveM said:

For me, Click came over better on the small screen. Thought Ingoma incredibly powerful when I saw it in the theatre, but it got a bit lost in the gloom on my computer. Click was terrific though!

I hope that we can see a lot more of this sort of thing from them ! -- Click!like in particular.

So where does this leave the Swan Lake crowd (I'm a card carrying member) ?

Well, as Sam the Poet says,

" You don't necessary have to be "Cool" to Rock ! "

Added: I've just discovered that there are Sam the Poets on the internet. He's not one of them.  😊

Edited by Buddy

This looks interesting. It would be nice if they can keep the momentum going.

Or as Sam the Poet says, " Click ! "

And some thoughts.

Edited by Buddy
  • Like 2

I watched Cristaux this afternoon (twice) and was swept away by this duet all over again.

Of course, nothing matches the excitement of a live performance but this piece looked very good on film.

When Mthuthuzeli November and Cira Robinson were in different spotlights on the stage they looked almost as though they were in different dimensions.  I love the stately, elegant choreography which the dancers performed with great panache.  I know it's one of those silly things but when Cira's fingers were fluttering I had shivers running down my spine she is such an expressive dancer.  Let us not forget, either, that glorious tutu!

An afternoon well spent.

• Like 2

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Ballet Black -- Pendulum, Click! and Ingoma (and more)

I missed Cristaux. Can it still be seen? Where?

I also like this one which is being shown at its site now.

Depouillement  (2015 re-staging)

And another.

Edited by Buddy