JA centre location advice

Curlypearl

My daughter is applying for a Yr6 JA place, she auditioned last year for Yr5 and was offered a Short Waiting List place, however unfortunately nothing became of it. DD is passionate about ballet and dreams of going to vocational school one day and is desperate to be offered a place at JA this year. I would obviously like her to have the best chance of this, we live in the middle of 2 centre locations - London and Eastleigh, both equal distance apart, although Eastleigh would probably be easier to get to as we can drive there rather than rely on trains. Is there a centre anyone would advise we choose over the other, do both centres offer the same amount of spaces for Yr6? DD will have to audition at Eastleigh due to the London audition dates this year.  Any advice on class sizes, times etc would be greatfully received!

On the application form you can put a 1st and 2nd choice for where you would like a place  as I remember, so I would put both down, I was told - although it was a few years ago now when we auditioned, that if your first choice was full they would offer you your 2nd choice if you successfully auditioned

• Like 1

Eastleigh has less children applying so the ratio of those applying to places given is lower and therefore if you want to maximise chance of a place it might make sense to apply there. London JA centre always has the highest number of applicants and the highest ratio to places, something like one in ten will get a place, other centres it can be anything from one in four to one in seven.

• Like 1

I definitely saw a table of stats somewhere for this, probably on this forum, and do remember that Eastleigh had one of the highest (if not the highest) ratio of applicants to places awarded. For boys it was definitely the highest ratio in the country (and of course far better odds than for girls).