Manchester area - Ballet shops.

balletbean

Hi all. 

My DD is looking for a ballet shop that would be easy to get to from Manchester Piccadilly using either the tram or train, on a Saturday. She desperately needs new soft blocks and would like to try different brands preferably at a one stop shop. 

Any suggestions with opening times gratefully received. Thank you. 🙆‍♀️

Not sure you'll find much in central Manchester, Move used to have a shop but it closed last year. 

There is a shop at Centre Pointe, the tram goes that way but I don't know how far the nearest stop is.

We live north of Manchester and have always had to travel a fair way for a decent fitting ☹

3 hours ago, Bluebird22 said:

Barnums in Warrington carry a variety of soft pointe brands- I took 11 of my students for soft piinte fittings, they left with Freed, Bloch, Grishko, Capezio and Gamba (might not have been Gamba!) 

Thank you. Warrington is great as she can catch the train from the Oxford Rd station which is closer than Piccadilly.  I will pass this on and my DD can google for exact directions. 🙆‍♀️

Edited by balletbean
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DancingShoes said:

Not sure you'll find much in central Manchester, Move used to have a shop but it closed last year. 

There is a shop at Centre Pointe, the tram goes that way but I don't know how far the nearest stop is.

We live north of Manchester and have always had to travel a fair way for a decent fitting ☹

Thank you. We have discovered since her arrival in Sept that Manchester is rather sparse (not existent) when it comes to Danceware shops. Which was rather surprising. Buying replacement shoes that require actual fitting is going to be more of a challenge than we thought/hoped. 🤨

The one in Warrington is a fair way from the station too. She’s be better getting the train to Liverpool and going to the big one, can’t remember it’s name, maybe that’s entertainment? It’s literally 5 mins from Lime Street Station round the corner...👍👍

• Like 1

Barnums is only 10 mins walk from Warrington Bank Quay. We've been very happy with fittings there but if you have small/difficult feet stock levels aren't great and you need to return. The Liverpool place is near Lime Street and has a bigger stock I think.

We had a mixed experience at one of the Preston shops.

I would highly recommend Dance Essentials at Centre Pointe, from Piccadilly Gardens there are two direct bus services takes approximately 20mins. The phone number is 0161 3370300 and they stock Freeds, Grishko and Bloch. Open all day Saturday and Sunday, if it’s just soft blocks that you need then you don’t need an appointment, but pointe shoes will need an appointment as these are fitted by Caroline Wright ex RBS and current RBS teacher hope that helps!

• Like 1

On 15/03/2019 at 09:30, Danceforfun said:

I would highly recommend Dance Essentials at Centre Pointe, from Piccadilly Gardens there are two direct bus services takes approximately 20mins. The phone number is 0161 3370300 and they stock Freeds, Grishko and Bloch. Open all day Saturday and Sunday, if it’s just soft blocks that you need then you don’t need an appointment, but pointe shoes will need an appointment as these are fitted by Caroline Wright ex RBS and current RBS teacher hope that helps!

Thank you. Just trying to source soft blocks. Grishkos aren’t a good fit even though she wears Grishko pointes. 🙆‍♀️

• 4 months later...
On 14/03/2019 at 19:31, sarahw said:

Barnums is only 10 mins walk from Warrington Bank Quay. We've been very happy with fittings there but if you have small/difficult feet stock levels aren't great and you need to return. The Liverpool place is near Lime Street and has a bigger stock I think.

We had a mixed experience at one of the Preston shops.

Do they do male dance wear do you know?

• 2 months later...