A Month in the Country/Firebird/Symphony in C running times.

No, but (according to last performances) Symphony in C is 36 minutes long, A Month in the Country 45 minutes, The Firebird 48 minutes. Add on 2 intervals, 30 minutes and 25 minutes, and maybe we have the answer. Is that 184 minutes? 3 hours and 4 minutes? I think we will have to shave 5 or 10mins off the intervals! 

I think that the company is going to struggle to get the mixed bill in, in much under three hours even with two intervals of twenty five minutes each. I hope that they have factored in the amount of time that it will take to change the stage for each work.The timings for the ballets in the mixed bill according to the ROH Performance Database are as follows:-

1) "The Firebird" 48 minutes when performed in 2012.

2) "A Month in the Country" now takes 45 minutes to perform as opposed to the 41 it took at its premiere.

3) "Symphony in C"  may take 34 or 35 minutes.

I hope this information is of assistance.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lizbie1 said:

Well let’s hope this provides an incentive to start promptly, against recent trends.

Oh I'm glad its not just me who's irritated by the late starts!

1 hour ago, MJW said:

I am too, anywhere not just at the ROH. (I find it particularly irritating at improvised shows that will finish at a set time so a late start = less show.) I wish they were starting this at 7pm if it's going to be at least 3 hours. With a 10.30pm or later finish I won't be getting home till nearly 1am, which is going to be a bit killing on a work night.

• Like 2

Maybe given the long intervals, sometimes necessary because of set changes, but sometimes just to increase bar takings, it would be sensible to have earlier start times for more complex productions. Although I live in London, getting out of the theatre can take some time and Covent Garden,is a very busy area at any time of the day or night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJW said:

I hate them! They show a lack of courtesy to the audience, as well as betraying a lack of understanding (or worse, caring) that many have trains to catch.

Edited by Lizbie1
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

I hate them! They show a lack of courtesy to the audience, as well as betraying a lack of understanding (or worse, caring) that many have trains to catch.

So true (and thank you also Dawnstar). Next time its running late and I'm humphing in my seat I'll know I'm not alone !  Its one the reasons why I tend try for the matinees on a Saturday. I have managed door to door in an hour and a half but that is only due to running from Covent Garden to Waterloo and then practically collapsing when on my train!

Edited by MJW
missing words
  • Like 5