taxi4ballet

Room 101

Re. Porthesia's posting about people in doctors' waiting-rooms, I couldn't agree more.  Over the last year I've had to attend a local A&E department a few times  (leg-in-plaster syndrome..) and I've seen apparently entire families, including grandparents,  spending hours there  waiting while one of their numbers gets seen to. - they appear to see it as an enjoyable excursion!

• Like 3

Did I mention people who get off the end of an escalator and then just stop dead, leaving everyone else inevitably to run into them?

• Like 4

Especially when you are dashing down the escalator for the train standing at the platform ready to go!

• Like 2

If you`re in a cafe or restaurant, and you`ve got a mouthful of food or drink, when a waiter/ress walks past and asks if everything is alright. You have to just nod and grunt like a mad thing.Two minutes later, a different one comes along and asks you the same thing [while you`re stuffing your face again.].!!!!

• Like 5

Many years ago I saw a one block street that clearly ended at the Pacific Ocean.  There was a sign on that street as one faced the ocean:

"Not A Through Street"

Duh

• Like 3

Dodgy grammar in adverts.

A double glazing firm used to advertise every week in our local paper proclaiming:

"We use Pilkington K Glass, because we don't know any better"

I know what they were trying to say...!

• Like 1

Even worse than standing chatting in shop doorways is people standing and smoking in them, because legally they are outside the shop and can smoke. I won't go into the shop if I have to hold my breath in order to pass through the smoke.

Edited by Dance*is*life
  • Like 2

Worse still - groups of teenagers standing just around the corner from the school gates at lunchtime, and smoking...

• Like 2

Okay, another one that really annoys me: people who vote in local elections according to the parties' national policies, rather than on the local issues they're supposed to be voting on.

• Like 1

Cyclists who choose to cycle along a busy main road where it is impossible for anyone to overtake them - despite the fact that there is a purpose built and very good cycle path running alongside said road.

• Like 4

Weeds and ruddy lavateria! I have just spent an hour trying to plant pansies but in fact digging up Virginia creeper roots, lavateria which spreads everywhere so cleverly and flipping dandelions! I managed to plant just under a dozen pansies and I am now hot and thirsty. There are five beds still to go! Help! :)

Incessant news items (and the lead at that) about retiring football managers.  So what - an elderly man is retiring!

PS - Unbelievable that it is the lead item ahead of the Queen's Speech on the ITV lunchtime news!

Edited by Janet McNulty
edited to add PS
  • Like 1

My God! Are you all right? How dreadful ;(

I'm fine - the car is ok too, apart from a pranged bumper. I was turning into the narrow entrance to a garden centre, and this chap was leaving and decided that he needed my side of the road as well. I had to jam my brakes on and swerve out of his way into a bollard.

The bollard didn't come out of it too well!

• Like 3

Yesterday I saw a car reverse into another one on our road so hard that it should the parked car forward.  The driver never even stopped.  Disgraceful. 

No - a battered red Micra!  I knocked on the door of the house but no-one was home.  I noticed the red car this morning - I think it belongs to someone who lives in the same road.  I wonder if they confesed.  Although the car they hit didn't look damaged, these plastic bumpers tend to just spring back into place and hide any damage underneath.  We know this because some years ago someone ran into the back of my Dad's car.  This honourable person suggested he have the car checked even though it didn't look damaged.  There was quite a lot of damage behind the bumper that the gentleman's insurance paid for.

Cat baskets!  Had to take the lid off as Tia totally unwilling to come out of the basket. I suffered the ignominy of not being able to open the lid, trapping my thumb and now missing a chunk out of said thumb.  Bled everywhere too!  To cap it all the cat hadn't lost any weight :(  

• Like 1

I'll be letting the nurse do it all next time.  It's such a chore every month but they have lost weight and we are getting close to them being able to go on maintenance food soon - but it will be just as expensive!!

Haha!  I wouldn't be able to stand the yowling!  Although two moggies and no oriental genes, mine are incredibly loud and have quite recently got into the habit of not stopping crying until they get what they want - it's like having badly behaved tantrum throwing toddlers in the house.  The veterinary staff couldn't believe how loud they are.  I have to live with this!  It's funny, but they have got louder and more demanding relatively recently

• Like 1

Free newspapers: they now use the ink the comes off onto your fingers.