Hi everybody,

My heart is so full it could burst :) I just wanted to tell you all, who have been so helpful and supportive over the 4 years I have been dancing, that on Valentine's Day I was offered a full-time place at Moorland Ballet Academy, which was my dream ballet school (although relatively unknown by many, as an associate I can testify that the teaching is AMAZING!)

However, the fees are very expensive and my family just cannot afford it all :( Although we have been recommended for a bursary, does anybody have any ideas about fundraising or any organisations or grants that could help? My academic and dance schools have offered to help in any way they can which is amazing. But I'm sure you knowledgeable people will have suggestions!

Love and best wishes (there is always hope!)

S

• Like 19

Congratulations. You are an inspiration.

Wish i could think of a way to help with finding grants. Does your local authority/district or local council have any funding available for educational purposes? Could you talk to Lions or Rotary clubs? Good luck x

Congratulations and good luck with seeking funding! Sometimes there are very localised foundations that can give bursaries that are well worth hunting for - they may be quite obscure. For instance when one of my daughters went to agricultural college without a grant she had  funding from a seventeenth century charity  that was set up to "educate a poor boy" from the area (they evidently widened their criteria at some point in history) and if I recall rightly it was not the only only one she applied for. My local parish has a (small) educational grant available too that anyone who lives in the parish can apply for. My other daughter had a local authority grant for vocational school, but that was a long time ago and I doubt that local authorities can find the money nowadays.

In my area there is a local Arts Club that provides small bursaries to individuals such as DC’s at vocational school who love in local area. They help with annual grants  - doesn’t really help towards fees but does help with the extras like all those pointe shoes! 

Look inti what’s arts groups there are as you may find they are part of such a charity... 

Good luck! 

Wish I could magic up the funding for you! Could you PM me where you are based in the UK! So exciting for you.

I don't know Moodland Academy as a full time training place but have always heard very good reports of their summer school.

My mum had a wonderful idea of asking people to sponsor me or be my 'patron' - for example sponsor me for £20+ a year in return for regular updates and a very happy little dancer !

I could go round my family, academic and dancing schools, church, local community etc.

Thank you you all for your lovely kind words xx

Edited by Anna C
Edited by Mods with poster’s permission.