London Underground game

alison

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, can anyone tell me whether it's obligatory to sign in via Facebook or Twitter to enter the competition, or whether that's only necessary if you want the site to remember your progress so far? I think we're up to about 35 so far. Be warned: some of the puns are pretty excruciating. And it's a lot easier if you can actually stand on the tube platform and look at a full-sized poster.

In a way I'm sorry I have finished it because I really enjoyed it. If anyone hears of anything else like this please let me know.

I did cheat a bit - googled list of stations!

DD found a discussion thread somewhere on the net and it seems that some people had completed it in a couple of hours!! Although very little was given away :(

Took me a few days - found I needed to leave it and then go back.

• Like 1

Okay, I've located 73 of the subjects (and solved the majority of them), but where are the other two? Does the site prompt you in any way? It's so difficult to tell sometimes whether you've moved from hovering over one subject to another one, or whether the cursor is still on the same subject. Was there something hidden away anywhere that you hardly even spotted? If I can't actually *find* all 75, how do I solve them?!

The one I didn't spot was the shape in the dust on the side of the pub. I knew I had only one left to do and thought it was the fish. When I answered that but still had one left to do I was really confused! Have you got all the ones right at the back?

I had trouble with the crosses - I thought all three were just one clue but there are in fact three. Also the dog next to the cake - again two clues - hope this helps

Got the crosses, thanks, but hadn't registered that the dog and the cake were two separate items! So that leaves me one unfound - I think I got everything from the back central area ...

I note that once you've entered your solutions you no longer get a double-click prompt for those entries, so am hoping the site will make it clear what I'm missing once I've got up to about 70 or thereabouts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yipee. We've completed all 75. :)

Non DD has been home from Uni for a few days and we've spent a few hours during the past couple of evenings finding the stations. It's been good to spend time together doing it.

Having a large scale print tube map helped as I was struggling trying to read the lists of stations from a 'normal' tube map and the print is too small for me!

Is there anything else like that on the internet that anyone knows about?

• Like 2