Northern Ballet (Leeds) - associates auditions

Tinks

Hi

Im new here so not sure where to post! I have a daughter who is auditioning for associates at Northern Ballet Leeds, I have had confirmation they have received her cheque and form, I also have a younger daughter who would like to audition but her form was sent later. We haven’t heard anything back from them so I’m worrying they haven’t received it and the closing date was yesterday. So my question is , has anyone else sent the form and payment but not heard anything back yet?!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• alison changed the title to Northern Ballet - associates auditions

We had an email yesterday saying we’d hear with an audition time in the next few days.

Both my daughters applied and I only got email confirmation to say they’d received the application for one of them, however both cheques were processed by my bank. 

I also called NB to check both applications had been received and they had.

Thank you, sorry for the late reply! I heard back via e mail and then this evening was given a time but no name! I emailed to explain I had two daughters and they replied quickly with times for each of them. Good luck to you both , exciting but nerve wracking! 

Edited by Feefee1975
Auto correct

Best of luck for the auditions. My DC is with Northern Ballet and the programme is fantastic! The teachers are great and they are all really friendly when dealing with queries via email or phone. We love it there. 

Thank you, the lovely lady sent me another e mail this morning confirming the two separate times for my daughters. My eldest daughter really enjoyed the open day so fingers crossed it goes well!

1 hour ago, BalletBear said:

I hope that your DD’s audition has gone well! I’ve never auditioned for this scheme but it looks great! Xxx

She was absolutely terrified of all the super-flexible stretching going on in the waiting room! BUT, she came out of the audition saying it was brilliant! 

Its her her first experience of an audition and I think she’s hooked!

xxx

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HowMuch! said:

She was absolutely terrified of all the super-flexible stretching going on in the waiting room! BUT, she came out of the audition saying it was brilliant! 

xxx

Learning to ignore the competitive stretching is an important part of audition prep!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Farawaydancer said:

Learning to ignore the competitive stretching is an important part of audition prep!

After watching the ‘comedy’ audition stereotypes video on here a few weeks ago, I had a chuckle to myself!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HowMuch! said:

xxx

That’s great! I hope everything goes well for her! 

My daughter was in the 3pm audition too ( my youngest!) first audition as she’s only 8 years old, she said it was a fabulous class and enjoyed herself so that’s all that matters , it’s going to be a long week though😬

My daughters audition was 3pm too, she said it went well, a couple of things she hadn’t learnt but others in the same boat and she gave it a good go! She enjoyed herself so that’s all that matters , long week though😬!

My youngest has got through to junior too! Can’t believe it, she’s only 8 and it was all about last minute 😬 have heard nothing about oldest daughter though, I’m keeping everything crossed for her , well done! 

• Like 3

That’s great news! I’m just worrying ( and hopefully overthinking it) but someone earlier in the post said their DS had a recall for intermediate, so I’m thinking are they doing the yes pile first 😂

3 minutes ago, Tinks said:

That’s great news! I’m just worrying ( and hopefully overthinking it) but someone earlier in the post said their DS had a recall for intermediate, so I’m thinking are they doing the yes pile first 😂

May be in the order the auditions happened last weekend?? My Ds audition was 10.30am. 

Hello

Well done to all those that got a recall. 

I hope you don’t mind me asking but those of you whose children are 8, will they be 9 by the 1st September. I understood that the program was age 9 and up and as my daughter turns 9 on second of Sept, so currently in year 3, it wasn’t on my radar this year. 

Now I’m worried we’ve missed an opportunity!