TTP Blog on the RB La Bayadere

ToThePointe has looked back on some wonderful performances by the Royal Ballet in La Bayadere in November.  She has brought them all back to life for me and, accompanied by some lovely Bill Cooper photos,  the piece has revived some very pleasant memories!

http://tothepointemagazine.wixsite.com/tothepointemagazine/single-post/2019/02/20/La-Bayadere-at-The-Royal-Ballet?fbclid=IwAR0AuStcGc_VRku5mqEwZ8UWg97SrDP907ETTOfVugh1f5czHOTj2qETzNs

• Like 9

Absolutely love this retrospective! The thing about tothepointemagazine is that the writer reviews on the basis of seeing more than one cast whereas the 'critics' usually concentrate on only one performance - usually the first night or the cinema relay. That makes what is said on that website far 'richer' reading and very enjoyable to boot.

Edited by capybara
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, capybara said:

Absolutely love this retrospective! The thing about tothepointemagazine is that the writer reviews on the basis of seeing more than one cast whereas the 'critics' usually concentrate on only one performance - usually the first night or the cinema relay. That makes what is said on that website far 'richer' reading and very enjoyable to boot.

Good point Capybara, and I agree.  We get a very well-rounded view here.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 21/02/2019 at 13:51, Sim said:

ToThePointe has looked back on some wonderful performances by the Royal Ballet in La Bayadere in November.  She has brought them all back to life for me and, accompanied by some lovely Bill Cooper photos,  the piece has revived some very pleasant memories!

http://tothepointemagazine.wixsite.com/tothepointemagazine/single-post/2019/02/20/La-Bayadere-at-The-Royal-Ballet?fbclid=IwAR0AuStcGc_VRku5mqEwZ8UWg97SrDP907ETTOfVugh1f5czHOTj2qETzNs

Sim I can't find the original BCF discussion thread for the Royal Ballet's  performances of  La Bayadere last November. I remember that it was closed for further discussion  after a time, but has it now  been removed  completely for some reason? 

For example this link no longer works  http://www.balletcoforum.com/topic/18748-the-royal-ballet-la-bayadère-london-november-2018/

Edited by Richard LH
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Richard LH said:

Sim I can't find the original BCF discussion thread for the Royal Ballet's  performances of  La Bayadere last November. I remember that it was closed for further discussion  after a time, but has it now  been removed  completely for some reason? 

For example this link no longer works  http://www.balletcoforum.com/topic/18748-the-royal-ballet-la-bayadère-london-november-2018/

Richard LH

How strange. I tried this link and two others without success. I then tried a manual search through the index pages and, as you said, it had disappeared. I then came back here only to find that the link you posted above now works and that what was missing is now in place again!

Wonders, I suppose, will never cease...!

34 minutes ago, Douglas Allen said:

Richard LH

How strange. I tried this link and two others without success. I then tried a manual search through the index pages and, as you said, it had disappeared. I then came back here only to find that the link you posted above now works and that what was missing is now in place again!

Wonders, I suppose, will never cease...!

Anyway, thanks to those responsible for the restoration! If only the ROH could restore missing website pages as quickly.....

• Like 1